Getting 2 Re-Entry Permits At The Same Time

I have what's commonly referred to as a retirement visa.

I'll be leaving Thailand and then in a few months returning for a few hours or perhaps a day and then leaving the country again probably by way of Don Muang.

Can I get 2 re-entry permits at the same at Jomtien immigration?

This would cost me 2000 baht rather than spending 3900 for a multiple re-entry permit.

Edited by Bababooey

They will only issue one re-entry permit at at a time. The fee for a multiple re-entry permit is 3800 baht not 3900.

You can get a re-entry permit 24 hours a day at either airport in Bangkok on departure from the country.

• Like 1

Thanks Joe,

Does anyone know the mechanics of getting the re-entry at Don Muang? Can I get it before check in or only as I'm getting stamped out?

If something went wrong, I wouldn't want to start the process of getting the retirement visa from scratch.

I don't want to throw 1800 baht down the toilet but if it's quite simple to get at the airport then I'd like to do it that way.

At Don Mueang you apply for the re-entry permit after you clear immigration. The office is just after the desks. Be sure you have a 4 X 6 cm photo. Having the TM8 form completed will save some time.

Get a multi and be done with it. As ubon pointed out. The office is just past immigration clearance. Have your form with you photo attached. You can download form from net. Process is quick and painless. Allow some extra time so no stress.

At swampy the office is prior to immigration.

• Like 1

Is there any required remaining validity time on the visa when one applies for a re-entry permit at the airport?

For instance, if one has a Non Imm B visa, single entry, and applies for a re-entry permit (at airport, hours before flight out) 6 weeks

before the expiry date ("enter before date" on the visa): is this possible?

Also, should one not get a re-entry permit BEFORE one is stamped out by immigration (when one has a single entry Non Imm B visa)?

(referring to ubonjoe's post that the office to apply for re-entry permit at DM is AFTER the immigration desks,

therefore, after one is stamped out).

Thanks

Is there any required remaining validity time on the visa when one applies for a re-entry permit at the airport?

For instance, if one has a Non Imm B visa, single entry, and applies for a re-entry permit (at airport, hours before flight out) 6 weeks

before the expiry date ("enter before date" on the visa): is this possible?

Also, should one not get a re-entry permit BEFORE one is stamped out by immigration (when one has a single entry Non Imm B visa)?

(referring to ubonjoe's post that the office to apply for re-entry permit at DM is AFTER the immigration desks,

therefore, after one is stamped out).

Thanks

There is no minimum time remaining on your permit to stay requirement to get a re-entry permit. That would be more the choice made by the person applying for it. It would not make much since to get one if the time remaining on the permit to stay was going to be very short when they entered the country. The visas remaining validity (enter before date) would not matter.

You can get a re-entry permit at any time before leaving the country. The location at DM is just where they put the office ti has no relation to being stamped out of the country already.

So when a person is on a single re-entry, there is absolutely no reason to have to visit Immigration in one's local area, to get another re-entry permit?

Just to it at the airport?

A re-entry permit (single or multiple) can be applied for at an airport and a few border crossing with any permit to stay whether it is from a visa entry or extension of stay.

I have what's commonly referred to as a retirement visa.

I'll be leaving Thailand and then in a few months returning for a few hours or perhaps a day and then leaving the country again probably by way of Don Muang.

Can I get 2 re-entry permits at the same at Jomtien immigration?

This would cost me 2000 baht rather than spending 3900 for a multiple re-entry permit.

You have what's accurately called an extension of stay based on retirement. You don't have a visa, which is why you need a re-entry permit. The re-entry permit allows you to return to Thailand without losing your extension of stay.

So when a person is on a single re-entry, there is absolutely no reason to have to visit Immigration in one's local area, to get another re-entry permit?

Just to it at the airport?

"So when a person is on a single re-entry"

Not sure what you mean by "on" a single re-entry.

If you entered the country using a single-entry visa, you were given a permission to stay at the airport (60 days if a tourist visa, for example). The visa would be stamped "used" and no longer valid for any further entries. Your 60 day permission to stay would have an expiry date. If you got a re-entry permit it too would expire on the same date as the permission to stay. If you extended your permission to stay for 30 days at an immigration office, during that 30 days you would not have a re-entry permit, because the one you had would have expired or been used.

It would probably not be worth it to get a new re-entry permit during the 30 day extension, but if you left and returned without a re-entry permit you would be given a visa exempt entry if you qualified for it.

If you mean you currently have an unused, unexpired single re-entry permit in your passport, it will allow you to re-enter the country once before it expires and you will keep your current permission to stay or extension extension of stay.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

I have a non-imm O visa and I am on a retirement extension.

I already used up my one re-entry allowance.

When leaving the country I can just get another re-entry at the airport with no need to go to Immigration in my local area?

Yes you can get another re-entry permit at the airport without a problem.

As always Joe, Thanks!

So next time around I can save 1.5 hours or so, by not needing to first go to immigration. Great!!
And I can do my 90 day report, up to 7 days late, yes?

Yes 7 days after the report date including the report date in the count.