Four year old dies tragically in a baking hot car parked at a Thai funeral

webfact

Kids will be kids and will always do what kids do, tragically at times, such mischievous acts leads

to tragedy with no one at fault as in this case......

Allowing a four year old to be out of your sight for hours constitutes fault.
Says nothing about the child being allowed to be out of sight for hours. The article says the child was playing, became missing and was found hours later. A big difference.

A question would be, what was done during the hours of the search for the child?

Until that question has been answered by the police investigators or witnesses, it's no need to act like an immoral preteen. Keep your careless thoughts to yourself, and the same goes to so many others that seems to do nothing else here on TV than wildly speculating like it's some sort of a daily religious ceremonial fix. Show some maturity.

Edited by alphaflight

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kids will be kids and will always do what kids do, tragically at times, such mischievous acts leads

Says nothing about the child being allowed to be out of sight for hours. The article says the child was playing, became missing and was found hours later. A big difference.

A question would be, what was done during the hours of the search for the child?

Until that question has been answered by the police investigators or witnesses, it's no need to act like an immoral preteen. Keep your careless thoughts to yourself, and the same goes to so many others that seems to do nothing else here on TV than wildly speculating like it's some sort of a daily religious ceremonial fix. Show some maturity.

For a child to go missing they would have to be out of the sight of the caregiver, NO?

RIP little angel.

Some questions come to mind;

- Why did the little girl go into the strange car?

- Why did it take a group of people 4 hours to find her in the car?

- Why did the little girl not leave the car when she started to feel overheated? The door was open as she was able to go in.

- Where were the kids she was playing with? They could've shed more light perhaps on her whereabouts.

I have a small boy of almost 4 and he is quite bright and sophisticated compared to his Thai counterparts but I wouldn't even leave him unattended for more than 2 minutes at home unless he is watching tv(stuck to it like a fly on....). I can't imagine letting him play with other kids in a carpark. The negligence people get away with here is appalling. Once kids pass the baby cuteness age they can be seen wandering alone along the highway or a few of them standing alone on the back of a speeding Hilux or riding their little bicycle down the soi while braindead 'adults' are driving their new superbikes doing at least a 100k's/hour. Safety and security has never been on a normal level here. A while ago there was an article here about several 100's of Thai kids who drown every year in the fish pond out back.

Kids die everywhere because of neglicence or freak accidents but it seems to be on a more frequent basis here

Edited by DaveinAsia

How sad for this child and the family.

I can't understand how anyone responsible for a child would allow them out of sight for a minute, let alone many hours without alarm bells ringing in their head.

This demonstrates complete negligence and stupidity on the part of the grandparent who should have been ACTUALLY taking care of the child. The result is a life lost, and a future wiped out.

The responsible guardian should be punished to the full extent of the law, as in most other countries, however, I doubt anything will come of it in Thailand. Sad...

RIP little one.

I was sort of thinking the same thing. I have a five year old

daughter. If she is out of my sight for a minute I look around

for her to make she is not doing anything that would harm

her . How a child could be out of sight for hours and not

raise alarms is simply unfathomable for me.....

As Thai funerals are the only place where you can gamble legally...... one can just guess what kept them so occupied. it for sure was not talking about the dead person

coffee1.gif

Wrong.

The report clearly says they arrived late morning and did not notice the child was missing until the afternoon when it was time to go.

My thoughts are based on reading the article. Might want to try that yourself.

It is irresponsible to not know where a four year is at all times.

the comparison between a cat and a little boy is not that nice.

Hey Steve,

I understand your concern. But in this case I think you miss understood NCC. I took his post to mean that NCC is concern about the location of his pet, he is MUCH more concerned about the location of a child. How do you loose sight of a child for that long unless they are in their bed sleeping or in the care of others? And heat stroke does not take that long....

I am a hawk around my kids. My head is on a swivel and i need a rest at the end of the day. But that's just me.

Summer is coming, and it seems that there are reports like this, every hot season, both in the US and in TL. Very sad. Just Very sad.

It begs to wonder how long it took before the parents or grandparents ever thought about where this poor child was. What a waste of life mostly due to poor parental guidance and supervision. If this was in my country those people responsible for this child would be imprisoned. Unfortunately here, nothing will happen.

Your country can not be Australia then, as parent deliberately leave youngsters to sleep in the hot car whilst they go shopping. Maybe a bit of compassion should be given in this case...family attending one funeral, only to be confronted with a accidental death of a loved child who entered the car unknowing. My sympathy to all the family and friends. May the young girl RIP.

Possibly you being judge, jury and executioner may think differently. If so my sympathy also goes to you.

It begs to wonder how long it took before the parents or grandparents ever thought about where this poor child was. What a waste of life mostly due to poor parental guidance and supervision. If this was in my country those people responsible for this child would be imprisoned. Unfortunately here, nothing will happen.

could well be a tragic accident , seems they didn't leave her in the car unlike the following death in Australia -- say's she forgot her.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/video/mother-faces-court-for-leaving-child-in-locked-car/vi-BBrjY6C?ocid=spartanntp

It is negligence, not an accident.

I always know where my kids are.

In Australia, it is illegal to leave a child unattended in a car.

Every summer, people new to the country are in trouble with welfare and police as they do just this.

Generally, the public are very quick to call the police if they see this, but personally, I'd be tempted to use a brick well away from the child and open the car up. Let the parents pay for the repairs!

The same questions were asked about Jamie Vulgar, what type of parent takes their eye off a child in a shopping Mall. It takes seconds for a tragic scenario to unfold.

It was very tiring, but I never let my children out of my sight when we were in public areas.

You might care to edit your post - or perhaps not - but it was not Vulgar, it was Bulger.

I have an innate feeling to check on my daughter every 10/15 mins or so. Even if I'm having a drink with friends and she is in the vicinity!

My alarm clock tends to boing on a regular basis as to her whereabouts

The same questions were asked about Jamie Vulgar, what type of parent takes their eye off a child in a shopping Mall. It takes seconds for a tragic scenario to unfold.

It was very tiring, but I never let my children out of my sight when we were in public areas.

IT'S BULGER Not Vulgar! Jamie Bulger.

Regarding the kid wandering off, if you have ever been to a Thai funeral you will know that these people will ignore absolutely everything in order to comply with funeral rites. They a blinded and spellbound especially when it come to free slop / swill and liquor, and a game of HiLo.

Poor kid.

i worry about where my frickin' cat is all the time.

RIP little girl.

the comparison between a cat and a little boy is not that nice.

Agree. Cats are infinitely preferable, ( and this is about a little girl. )

i think my original post was misunderstood. i was saying i keep closer watch on my cat than these adults did with a human child. i was not comparing my cat to a child. thank you.

Edited by NCC1701A

It doesn't matter. Criminal negligence resulting in the death of a minor.... Even if they lost track of the girl for an hour they are at fault and are ultimately responsible for this child's death

Don't get me wrong, it's an absolute tragedy that shouldn't have happened - but kids are kids and it only takes a few seconds for them to disappear - but not checking on her whereabouts sooner and taking until 8pm to locate her is really off and a disaster in itself.

But when you think that the little one's playing with the other kids and you have to do the usual merit stuff, including the monk's bla bla, such things can and will always happen.

Education here doesn't include such things. I wouldn't leave my Husky in a hot and boiling car alone. But shit always happens and I truly hope there's a paradise for little kids only.

Regarding a good friend who's a doctor, he told me that such a death isn't really painful. The kid lost conciseness and passed away without pain.

More tears in heaven now...For the little one only:

As usual 99% of the posts by TV members are cr@p. Self-righteous and offensive. All subjective made with little information. No one's got it right.

I was there, I knew the little girl and her parents, in fact I knew everyone present, the people being my family, friends and neighbours.

Remember, perception is relative, not absolute, something members here have difficulty comprehending.