Restore Password Xp

Thaicoon

My second PC has been on holiday, for about 12 months, got it back last week, i cannot remember my password to log on, the windows on this PC is XP, i have lots of pic's documents etc which are important to me, is there any way i can reset the administators password to log back on, had all passwords written down but they went as well when the PC was taken, and that little book has been destroyed, any ideas or any software i can use..

I can only log on as a guest, which is useless.

Any ideas.

My second PC has been on holiday, for about 12 months, got it back last week, i cannot remember my password to log on, the windows on this PC is XP, i have lots of pic's documents etc which are important to me, is there any way i can reset the administators password to log back on, had all passwords written down but they went as well when the PC was taken, and that little book has been destroyed, any ideas or any software i can use..

I can only log on as a guest, which is useless.

Any ideas.

Sorted,

Downloaded software of the net, restored all passwords on other computer, dangerous bit of software in the wrong hands.

Sorted,

Downloaded software of the net, restored all passwords on other computer, dangerous bit of software in the wrong hands.

You may want to consider encrypting those files containing personal or confidential information. However, should you forget those passwords, the likelyhood of recovery is virtually nil.

waldwolf

You can also use software easily obtained at Pantip to restore your computer after a major crash. The CD that I have is bootable CD called Winternals that boots up your computer in a similar fashion as Windows would however it is not windows.

Then it allows you to copy the files you need to another medium.

Then just reformat your other computer and start all over.