Deputy PM: If draft charter is rejected in referendum, new one will be passed without vote

webfact

Oh dear, Mickey and his mouse have a plan to get Zimbabwe Thailand to democracy whether the voters like it or not.

Mugabe was voted in through elections for 33 years by a majority of the population. His name usually comes up when arguing against the other side of the political divide in Thailand.

Actually is doesn't Jamie, please keep,up. The votes here were independently regarded as fairly clean, and that result was peer reviewed. In fact, as linked on this site, the university in Melbourne (heard of it?) determined the last one was the cleanest election EVER in South East Asia (and that includes Singapore). Zimbabwe on the other hand has long been treated as completely suspect snd the UN over and over has said the elections were fraudulent.

Sooner or later you need to stop making things up to support the unsupportable. It really does you few favours.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodness me.

It seems that the choice is

A/ delay the constitution if the referendum is not successful until the public vote oyes on it thus delaying elections on the promised date. Of course some will whinge and state "told you say, can't trust Prayut" and "typical of this govt and is of no surprise"

B/ If not voted in don't delay the process and pass a constitution used on previous ones thus ensuring elections are held on the promised date. Of course some will state "Come on junta lovers, spin this one!"

When the referendum is held and if it is a no vote then both will result in people blaming the Junta for something.

If it is a yes vote the comments will be "rigged results"

Poor Prayut can't win if he does and can't win if he doesn't. Just keep moving forward Prayut. No matter what you do the usual suspects will complain.

I take my hat off to you jamie, that's a brilliant piece of spin.

"Dr. Wissanu said the government cannot currently reveal exactly what steps will be taken if the Thai people refuse to accept the draft charter."

Anyone who has heard the original Thai and can tell us if Wissanu used 'refuse', 'reject', or 'voted against' ?

And here's Uncle Rubl trying to get someone to set up his strawman

"Dr. Wissanu said the government cannot currently reveal exactly what steps will be taken if the Thai people refuse to accept the draft charter."

Anyone who has heard the original Thai and can tell us if Wissanu used 'refuse', 'reject', or 'voted against' ?

And here's Uncle Rubl trying to get someone to set up his strawman

Just trying to understand a state of mind. When Wissanu uses 'refuse' he's being prejudiced, it would be more normal to use 'reject' or 'voted against'.

As for "Dr. Wissanu hinted that a new constitution could be drafted from the 1997, 2007 or draft constitutions. According to the Deputy Premier, this new constitution would be adopted without a public vote."

I've said many times the 2007 constitution should be used as base as it had improvements over 1997 and further issues had become clear since 2008. Of course, a new draft should be put in a referendum again. The current government will be patient and stay till the Thai people made up their mind about constitutions.

BTW I found the Thai text of the current final draft, but no luck with an English translation. Did you find such?