Con artist lady cop takes Thai man for a fool in unusual role reversal

webfact

Con artist lady cop takes Thai man for a fool in unusual role reversal
Thaivisa Reporters

chon.jpg
Image: Matichon/News Sanook

CHONBURI:-- A young Thai man fell for a good looking local cop he met online. He was smitten by her when he saw her brown tunic and they became lovers and he bought her gold, a motorbike and gave her cash. It seemed like love and the future looked bright.

And then she disappeared. The man, Wathit, 32, lovelorn and confused went to the police station where she worked to find his darling Duangjai.

"Sorry, son," said officers at Samet station in downtown Chonburi. "There is no policewoman of that name here."

Poor Wathit was out of pocket to the tune of 200,000 baht and filed a complaint that he had been conned by the bogus lady cop. Police quickly tracked 'Duangjai', 26, down to her lodgings and found her eating with her boyfriend.

In the room was a well cut policewoman's uniform a badge and fake ID.

They had met through a chat room on a dating site some three months prior. When he first met her he was convinced she was a cop due to the uniform. She strung him along asking him to buy her many things.

The would be cop told the real police after her capture: " I always wanted to be a policewoman. But I had no opportunity. I had a uniform made and when I met him I pretended to be a policewoman."

"The cash and proceeds from the gold have all been spent," she added, "and the motorcycle is with my mum in Sri Racha."

A Samet police spokesman reiterated that there is no Officer Duangjai at the station and if anyone else has been conned they should contact them.

'Duangjai' faces jail of between three months and five years for impersonating a cop.

The story was shared almost 5,000 times online by yesterday with a suggestion made that the con artist has also dressed as a nurse to fool locals.

No mention was made of finding a nurse's uniform.

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-08

My gf said she was a virgin when I met her but I found out she has a son.does this mean I can get her locked up and my millions of baht back.as far as I see it he ain't been conned and she never actually acted as a police officer.she just dressed up at home as one.what a load of old bs.

My gf said she was a virgin when I met her but I found out she has a son.does this mean I can get her locked up and my millions of baht back.as far as I see it he ain't been conned and she never actually acted as a police officer.she just dressed up at home as one.what a load of old bs.

are you sure she did not tell she was a' genuine former virgin'?

No, it clearly means she had the son of god, and he is the second coming. tongue.png

The government is protecting these female dogs when a farang is the victim.

If you have information about Thai women masquerading as police officers in order to defraud farangs perhaps you should pass it on to the real police. If you haven't then why do you say that the government is protecting them?

The government is protecting these female dogs when a farang is the victim.

if a ferang got fooled by a thai then it is the ferangs fault. we should punish thais because so may of us a gullible chumps? come on

When one is trying to help out with study expenses or setting up shop and one gets screwed then one has reason to call on it and the thai dogs ought to be punished. Seems fair to me. Too bad we find out when it is too late.

Now being here for 9 years I have learned my lesson and nobody gets a dime.

Wow...your name will be recorded in history, the next fictional installments..Bible..whatever... Immaculate conception of the second coming. Your gf is the holy mother, you are the step dad. Impressive. Got an agent? Get the film and book deals sorted out quick. How is the little one doing? Performed any miracles yet? No pressure though.