leaving the country with a late 90 day report (non B visa)

Due to various circumstances I'm about 2 weeks late doing my 90 day report, tried for the 3rd time today and the pre-songkran crowd was so large at chaeng wattana there was no way they were going to get to me before they closed the doors and kicked everyone out. I'm leaving the country next friday night late (just after midnight actually), on a business trip then coming back a week later.

My plan is to just forget about the 90 day report, make sure I get to the airport four hours before my flight, get my re-entry permit and pay whatever fine they ask me to pay. From my research if I get a fine at all for the late 90 day report it would be 2000 baht right? Other cases I've read is that they might not even notice, and then when I come back in my 90 days starts again (non B is valid until end of August). Does this sound right to other people? Leaving from Swampy, and I'll make sure I take copies of all my company docs with me ( own a BOI company that employs four + Thais ).

Yes I'll make sure it's properly taken care of next time online or post or sending a staff member.... circumstances just conspired against me this time (online didn't work, got told wrong advice about being able to use one-stop shop etc etc)

• It is highly unlikely that airport immigration will be interested in your late report, know it's late or fine you.

It is possible, that your local office will notice the missed a report and fine you 2,000 baht the next time you report.

Your 90 day report resets on re-entry. Day 1 of the 90 being the day you return.

Edited by elviajero

If you have a "VISA" why are you bothering with 90 day reports and re-entry permits ?

Do you really mean that you have an extension of stay and that the "visa" is expired ?

90 day reports can also be done on line or by post by those who have to do them.

Your missed 90 day report may be noticed when you next attempt to do one. The maximum fine for failing to report is 5000 Bht.

The airport IO's will not be concerned about your 90 day report status.

If you have a "VISA" why are you bothering with 90 day reports and re-entry permits ?

Do you really mean that you have an extension of stay and that the "visa" is expired ?

Does being this pedantic make you go to your happy place? Does it make you get all warm and gooey? You know perfectly well what I meant. I had a non B 90 day visa which has been extended for one year on the basis of owning a company employing four thais.

The "visa" was not extended.Visas are never extended !

Your permission to stay may have been extended.

Using inaccurate terminology leads to confusion and misunderstanding.

• Like 1

• It is highly unlikely that airport immigration will be interested in your late report, know it's late or fine you.
  • It is possible, that your local office will notice you missed a report and fine you 2,000 baht the next time you report.
  • Your 90 day report resets on re-entry. Day 1 of the 90 being the day you return.

So i can take as gospel that my 90 day clock-in will commence from the 7th April when i arrived and got stamped in at swampy after a trip to the US, my local office being Chom Thien, Thanks in advance

Maxc

• Like 1

Then you can explain this to immigration, who last time I went there for an extension told me that I now had a valid visa until August 16. ThaiVisa forum members being anally pedantic about terminology makes no sense when immigration staff themselves freely talk about visa extensions. Whatever you call it the result is that your initial 90 day non B visa is extended, an extension of stay always refers back to an original issued visa which is the basis of it, and in other countries its called a visa extension.

About time Thailand used the same terminology as everywhere else.

If you have a Valid visa then there is no need to buy a re-entry permit.

Just fly out and return on the "visa" you will be rewarded with a 30 day visa exempt entry !

• It is possible, that your local office will notice you missed a report and fine you 2,000 baht the next time you report.
  • Your 90 day report resets on re-entry. Day 1 of the 90 being the day you return.
So i can take as gospel that my 90 day clock-in will commence from the 7th April when i arrived and got stamped in at swampy after a trip to the US, my local office being Chom Thien, Thanks in advance

Maxc

Yes you can.

Note

• The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.
  • If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.
  • If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

Immigration Website

If you entered on April 7th your next report is due on July 5th.

Edited by elviajero

Maxc

Yes you can.

Note

• The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.
  • If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.
  • If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

Immigration Website

The OP insists he has a VISA therefore, unless this is an O/A visa, no 90 day reports are required.

Maxc

Yes you can.

Note

Immigration Website

The OP insists he has a VISA therefore, unless this is an O/A visa, no 90 day reports are required.

This is a separate question from a different TV member. Not from the OP.

I understand perfectly well the difference between a visa and an extension of stay. My contention is that people like you jumping down anyones throat for using some shortcuts to make themselves understood is unhelpful and unfriendly. My OP was clear and everyone knew what I meant. Extensions of stay are granted on the basis of an original initial visa of some type, its perfectly valid to say the original visa is extended, because the original visa is the basis of the extension of stay.

Why the <deleted> should I type out every time "I had a 90 day visa and now I'm on a one year extension of stay" just to please you? I'm on a non B with an extension is more concise and everyone knows what I mean.

• Like 2

I understand perfectly well the difference between a visa and an extension of stay. My contention is that people like you jumping down anyones throat for using some shortcuts to make themselves understood is unhelpful and unfriendly. My OP was clear and everyone knew what I meant. Extensions of stay are granted on the basis of an original initial visa of some type, its perfectly valid to say the original visa is extended, because the original visa is the basis of the extension of stay.

Why the <deleted> should I type out every time "I had a 90 day visa and now I'm on a one year extension of stay" just to please you? I'm on a non B with an extension is more concise and everyone knows what I mean.

Clearly "everyone" did not understand the "shortcuts"

Remember there are many who come here who lack your "knowledge" and do not realise you are , in essence, posting nonsense.

Try saying "I have an extension of stay" next time you feel like insisting you have a "visa"

Once again "Visas" are never extended unless you can prove otherwise. ( A scan of your current "visa" should settle the issue)

Actually you are the only that didn't clearly understand my intent. The other answers were clear and I am thankful for them. Maybe you're a bit slow?

And no sorry, who died and made you the arbitrator of how we should phrase things on this forum? You're not a moderator, so to be blunt you can <deleted> right off with your pedantic attempts to enforce your understanding on everyone else.

Like I said I think you should be giving lessons to immigration, clearly they don't know the rules as well as you do!

Does that mean you will not be posting a scan of this Visa you claim to have ?

Why do you have to resort to <deleted> ,<deleted> language when exposed as not knowing what you are talking about ?

• It is possible, that your local office will notice the missed a report and fine you 2,000 baht the next time you report.

I thought i had posted this yesterday but here is my query again, can i take it as gospel that my 90 day check-in begins when i get stamped in at swampy airport, i have just returned from a US trip arriving back on the 7th April, my original 90 day would have been on the 6th April,my local office being Jom Chien, any problems?

thanks in advance for any help.

Maxc

Chaeng Wattana is not the only place you can do your report in Bangkok. They can also be done at the Imperial World Ladprao and Major Hollwood Suksawat offices.

From http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php

"From 2nd January, 2014, all foreigners residing in Bangkok will be able to provide their 90 days notification of residence at 2 additional offices, which are Immigration Service Center for 3 national Legalized Labors, Major Hollywood Suksawat and Imperial World Ladprao.

• Like 1

Giving wrong information as well as using the wrong terms causes confusion and leads to a lot of time wasting by people trying to help.

An extension of your permision to stay is not a visa.

Your visa died over a year ago.

Maxc

Yes you can.

Note

Immigration Website

OK Thank you for your quick response to my query all dates duly noted

Thanks again Maxc

One line reporting has been available since April 1st 2015 and there is an on going topic (open the link)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/812263-online-90-day-reporting-available-from-april-1st/

I will doing my 5th on line report within the next few days.

Whilst the system has proved problematic for some it has been a success for many.

The program has not been cancelled !

Johnantan, I wonder where you live ? I am waiting since April 14, when it was announced that one can do the 90 day run ONLINE. Not in Chiang Mai !!! I have been told the program has been canceled.

Then you can explain this to immigration, who last time I went there for an extension told me that I now had a valid visa until August 16. ThaiVisa forum members being anally pedantic about terminology makes no sense when immigration staff themselves freely talk about visa extensions. Whatever you call it the result is that your initial 90 day non B visa is extended, an extension of stay always refers back to an original issued visa which is the basis of it, and in other countries its called a visa extension.

About time Thailand used the same terminology as everywhere else.

Please untwist your knickers.

FYI Thailand is using the same terminology as at least 1 of the worlds top major countries.

I currently have an extension of my period of stay permission from Japan. I haven't had a visa for Japan since I came here in 1990.

It is to the benefit of the majority of people that Thailand has divorced the period of stay from the validity of the visa which permits entry. A lot of countries limit the permission to stay to the expiration date of the visa, Thailand is one of the few (only one I know) who let you stay beyond the expiration of your visa without an extension.

Rules governing entering and leaving and returning are different depending on if you have a visa or not, Thailand is not unique in that Japan has similar rules. If you want correct information you need to use the correct terms.

That you don't like it makes no difference.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 2

Johnatong, Thank you for your info. There is an Update webpage: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online. But I can not access it. Message "Your connection is not private" . Just don't kanow what it means. Thank you for any help. Joe

The message appears because the Thais signed their own security certificate for the website. You can safely ignore the message and proceed to the website.

It is necessary to use the "Internet Explorer" browser to successfully make a report.

Because I travel a lot, I have done exactly one 90 day report in 15 years of living here. That was recently. So just for fun, I handed my passport to outbound immigration to see if the officer requested it. He didn't. So before leaving the counter, I said "oh, I think I was supposed to give you this [my 90 day report]". I passed it to him, he looked at it and said "what is this?". I just said, well, I think you are supposed to keep it.

Now it may be that failed 90 day reports get flagged in the computer and that pops up when you present to outbound immigration, but who knows. Seems that it was not exactly a high priority with the officer I encountered.

Because I travel a lot, I have done exactly one 90 day report in 15 years of living here. That was recently. So just for fun, I handed my passport to outbound immigration to see if the officer requested it. He didn't. So before leaving the counter, I said "oh, I think I was supposed to give you this [my 90 day report]". I passed it to him, he looked at it and said "what is this?". I just said, well, I think you are supposed to keep it.

Now it may be that failed 90 day reports get flagged in the computer and that pops up when you present to outbound immigration, but who knows. Seems that it was not exactly a high priority with the officer I encountered.

Outbound immigration are not interested in 90 day reports and are not "supposed" to keep 90 day report slips.

• Like 1

Outbound immigration are not interested in 90 day reports and are not "supposed" to keep 90 day report slips.

OK, I didn't know that. So if outbound immigration are not interested or expected to check for them, how is the requirement enforced, other than when one must visit immigration for an extension of stay?

OK, I didn't know that. So if outbound immigration are not interested or expected to check for them, how is the requirement enforced, other than when one must visit immigration for an extension of stay?

Immigration at an airport does not even have access to 90 day reporting records those are only maintained at a persons local immigration office where they do the reporting.

The only enforcement is done when applying for extensions or any other contact with the local immigration office.