Four killed and six injured in Prachinburi van crash

webfact

Four killed and six injured when van crashed into a roadside tree

1104001-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Four people were killed and six others injured when a passenger’s van skidded out of the road and rammed into a roadside tree before catching fire in Prachin Buri province on Monday.

Initial report said that three passengers in the van were burned alive while the fourth was flung out of the vehicle by the force of the impact and killed. It was not known whether the driver was killed or not.

The identities of the dead victims and injured are not known as police were investigating the case of the fatal accident which took place on the Ban Sang-Prachin Buri road.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/159125

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-12

If the driver is alive then he is" long gone" and of course the van owner will claim to know only his nick name and have no evidence where he was from.In The US ,commercial drivers can have only one driver license which is federal issued CDL license and they are very strictly controlled.Loss of license for more then two moving tickets ( speeding ,not properly driving,etc) any alcohol violations,even when not driving.For years here we seem to read in the reports " and the driver was seen running away".

I went in one of those things once....

Really didn't give the van itself a thought - new & nice....

Until he happened to stop to refuel....They popped the hood and hooked up CNG/LPG to a clip on connector on a piece of tubing just above the engine.....I remembered thinking if this guy crashes we're going to die in this flamethrower....

And that's exactly what I've seen happen in crash after crash with these things....Add in a rushed/tired/crazy driver with an overloaded van and it's a recipe for death......