Wirelessly (or wired) transmit TV signal to tablet/laptop?

happysanook

In my room we've got 220 channel satellite available, but no TV. Is it possible to somehow connected something to the cable that will transmit it to some sort of USB dongle connected to PC?

I've seen the ones that catches TV signals from the air, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the reply. There's no receiver. Just a cable connect in the wall. Maybe I need to provide my own receiver/tuner? I should probably ask the landlady here.

Was looking at this:

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32267130430.html

I guess that won't work... But perhaps this one:

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32550984947.html

Looks like includes the receiver. Not sure compatible with Thai TV signal though

Right. But I have no TV. Have never had a need for one. Now find myself with this 220 channels coming out of the wall, but no way to use it... Not sure how much longer will be in Thai, so don't want to deal with buying a TV and re-selling it etc...

Right. But I have no TV. Have never had a need for one. Now find myself with this 220 channels coming out of the wall, but no way to use it... Not sure how much longer will be in Thai, so don't want to deal with buying a TV and re-selling it etc...

Why don't you see if you can rent one?

Why don't you see if you can rent one?

Good idea , I now also remember my gfs old appartment building you could rent a TV. So check that.

• 4 weeks later...

Any further input on this topic...I also don't want to buy a TV and soon will be upgrading to a new larger screen laptop.

I think I need a USB TV Tuner AND also a digital set-top box to descramble the cable signals.

Any info appreciated.

You don't want to deal with buying a TV, but instead you want to find and buy a more esoteric piece of equipment, deal with setting it up and getting it working, and then watch TV shows on a laptop?

Seriously, if you want to watch TV, buy a TV.

You don't want to deal with buying a TV, but instead you want to find and buy a more esoteric piece of equipment, deal with setting it up and getting it working, and then watch TV shows on a laptop?

I simply don't want to add another piece of 'stuff' to be hauled around when I move. And if I need to spend the money on a new laptop I'd rather not burn extra on a TV. But Thanks for your assistance to the question...you were very helpful.

I simply don't want to add another piece of 'stuff' to be hauled around when I move. And if I need to spend the money on a new laptop I'd rather not burn extra on a TV. But Thanks for your assistance to the question...you were very helpful.

TV's are cheap.

Buy one.

Sell it when you leave.

Exactly. Buy a small, cheap TV. If you don't want to take it with you when you move, sell it , give it away, or just leave it in the apartment.

You're ignoring the cheapest and simplest way of achieving your aim, and then claiming that your reason for doing so is to avoid spending money or adding complications. Makes no sense whatsoever.