marriage extension

this has probably been covered before , but being a little slow on the upkeep i would like a step by step instruction on obtaining an extension of an oa tourist single entry visa to a more permanent marriage visa.

my circumstances are that i was married to my partner but because of the draconian social security laws of my home country i obtained a divorce,as i lived in my home country longer than thailand. my ex wife now wishes me to reside in thailand on a more permanent basis therefore i plan to remarry her and apply for an extension of visa. i just come under the financial requirements of a retirement visa.

any advise would be appreciated,thanks in advance,also a cheaper way of marriage opposed to the 20000 bht i paid the first time to an agent

Sorry but your post is difficult to understand.

There are no O/A single tourist visas and no marriage visas.

If you want to get married then do so.

After you are married you can .........

1. Get a single/multiple entry "O" visa based on marriage from Savannakhet in Laos

2.Obtain a one year extension of stay from any one of the 90 day entries the visa provides if you have 400K Bht in a Thai bank or a certified income of 40K Bht/month.

There is no need to employ an agent.

sorry i may have made a mistake on visa ,60 day single entry can be extended by 30 days tourist visa,i know there are no marriage visas its just an easier way of saying.thanks

It would seem that English is not your language.

What is your nationality as it could be important .

Step one is to get married again.

You need a non immigrant visa to apply for an extension at immigration. You can only apply for a change of visa status for a tourist visa entry at Bangkok immigration to get a 90 day non immigrant visa entry based upon qualifying for an extension based upon marriage. It takes two trips to immigration to get it and you must have at least 15 days remaining on your permit to stay to apply for it.

If not living in or near Bangkok it would be best to go to a nearby embassy or consulate to obtain a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage. Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa you could apply for an extension based upon marriage.

Here is a general list of the requirements to apply for the extension.

Unless you are applying at Bangkok you will need 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7 application.forms.

Proof of 400k baht in the bank for 2 months by way of a letter from your bank and your bank book.or 40k baht income.proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for Thailand on it. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with the house number shown in it. The number of photos needed varies by office.

Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

Some offices may want witnesses when you apply.

I guess you will need the original divorce papers, as will your ex wife.

You will need to make the affidavit that you are free to marry which will have to be authorised by your embassy (and maybe the MFA after translation?)

Your ex will just present her "Original" copy Divorce doc to the Amphor (assuming it's a Thai original?)

I remember reading of an Aussy whose wife was still of working age so the state halved his pension as they expected her to work and keep him! (Ba$tard$)

Good luck.

You need a non immigrant visa to apply for an extension at immigration. You can only apply for a change of visa status for a tourist visa entry at Bangkok immigration to get a 90 day non immigrant visa entry based upon qualifying for an extension based upon marriage. It takes two trips to immigration to get it and you must have at least 15 days remaining on your permit to stay to apply for it.

If not living in or near Bangkok it would be best to go to a nearby embassy or consulate to obtain a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage. Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa you could apply for an extension based upon marriage.

Unless you are applying at Bangkok you will need 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7 application.forms.

Proof of 400k baht in the bank for 2 months by way of a letter from your bank and your bank book.or 40k baht income.proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for Thailand on it. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with the house number shown in it. The number of photos needed varies by office.

Don't want to hijack the OP's thread but could UJ please supply list of requirements for Marriage Extension Renewal at CW. I'm led to believe they want the SAME as the original? I hope I'm wrong... Why are things different if applying at CW?

Thanks in advance, Joe,

Martin

Edited by AjarnMartin

Don't want to hijack the OP's thread but could UJ please supply list of requirements for Marriage Extension Renewal at CW. I'm led to believe they want the SAME as the original? I hope I'm wrong... Why are things different if applying at CW?

Thanks in advance, Joe,

Martin

What I posted is not specific to one office. The big difference is that CW only wants one TM7 form with attached supporting documents since they are approved there. The others want 2 because they are sent to the division headquarters for where they are located.

You should need the same documents as your first extension. I don't think there will be much difference between my list and what you supplied before,

If you needed a copy of your affirmation of permit to marry the first time it should not be needed for the 2nd one.. The only pictures needed would be those for where you are living.

1. Get a single/multiple entry "O" visa based on marriage from Savannakhet in Laos

2.Obtain a one year extension of stay from any one of the 90 day entries the visa provides if you have 400K Bht in a Thai bank or a certified income of 40K Bht/month.

Johnatong,

Please clarify;

Then is it AND / OR

Because I understand that the marriage visa from Savannakhet (5000 Bht) is all you need

Edited by Mr Moo

Johnatong,

Please clarify;

Then is it AND / OR

Because I understand that the marriage visa from Savannakhet (5000 Bht) is all you need

Once again there is no marriage visa.

If your intention is to stay in Thailand using extensions of stay based on marriage, you need to start out with a non-imm O visa obtained at an embassy or consulate. The basis for your visa application would be marriage.

That would entitle you to a 90 day stay in Thailand. IF it's a multi entry visa, you could do a border crossing before the end of the 90 day permission. When you re-enter you'd get another 90 day permission to stay. IF your non-imm O is a single entry, then you only get a 90 day permission to stay one time.

AND During the last 30 days of any 90 day entry, you COULD then apply for an extension of stay based on marriage. If/when it is approved you would be given a full year to remain in Thailand starting from the end of your 90 day stay. The extension is not a visa. It is issued by immigrations in Thailand. It needs to be renewed annually at immigrations.

While here on the extension you must report to Immigrations every 90 days, but there is no need to do a border hop.

While on the extension of stay, you're STAYING IN Thailand based on the extension. It is not a visa. If, for some reason, you want to leave the country and return, you will need to first get a re-entry permit because you no longer have a visa. What you have is an extension of your stay IN Thailand.

Edited by Suradit69

You can get a 2 month extension based on marriage with only an exempt stamp in your passport. I've done it a few times. You need copies of marriage certificate etc.

Of course you need to marry first.

This is a good way to get an extra couple months in the kingdom if you only have the stamp in your passport and don't want to leave the country or go through all the red tape of the other methods. One quick visit to immigration and it's done!

thanyou gentlemen and ladies if any for your replys,i'm tossing up whether to get a single entry tourist visa 60 days with a 30 day extension inside of thailand to do all of this or just go for the 30 day visa free,funny thing was at a previous time from a consulate in australia now closed i was given a oa visa based on marriage before i was married

thanyou gentlemen and ladies if any for your replys,i'm tossing up whether to get a single entry tourist visa 60 days with a 30 day extension inside of thailand to do all of this or just go for the 30 day visa free,funny thing was at a previous time from a consulate in australia now closed i was given a oa visa based on marriage before i was married

An O-A Visa would not be issued for marriage.

It is for retirement.