New Mid Sized Yamaha Tenere?

BBJ

As more adventure bikes are being churned out, Yamaha may be set to launch a mid-sized Tenere, possibly 700cc. Considering the options available between Triumph and BMW, seems a wise step in my opinion. Said to be based on the MT-09 Question is, will it come to Thailand?

Already placed an order for the Africa Twin, but a pity this isn't available now as the extra choice, and no doubt lesser weight may have been a consideration for me.

(BMW are planning a 300-400 GS too)

post-134092-0-92045300-1460727827_thumb.

Yamaha already has the perfect mid size adventure bike in it's line up (unfortunately not sold in Thailand)

The Tenere 660 which in my opinion is a true adventure bike.

The new 2 cylinder generation " adventure" off road bike are more touring bikes with a off road look, and are for the average rider more then a handful in rough terrain and will be mostly be ridden on paved roads.

post-143096-0-83183500-1460735091_thumb.

• 1 month later...

JINGJOH nice if correct .......

A close look at the shipping box reveals a MT09A designation ????

A link to the FB page you mentioned would be appreciated.

Good eyes Thai Chi, I couldn't spot the text whilst viewing on my phone screen.

Not sure how to link fb pages from ThaiVisa but here are the screen shots to find the exact group.

post-130719-14643623849994_thumb.jpg

post-130719-14643623965358_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 5/27/2016 at 3:49 PM, JINGJOH said:

Looks like they just arrived in showrooms, no details on specs whatsoever. Found on the Thailand MT-07 Facebook page.

post-130719-14643388316706_thumb.jpg

Curious what became of this story?

2 hours ago, mickba said:

Curious what became of this story?

Well that's a 1200cc S10 (Super Tenere) for starters...

The story - there is no story. Only pre production prototypes.

Not been made or for sale anywhere in the world. Yet.

55 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Well that's a 1200cc S10 (Super Tenere) for starters...

The story - there is no story. Only pre production prototypes.

OK thanks....I think  ?

New Yamaha mid-range adventure bike

9 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Correct, but things seem to be moving forward with the "Yamaha Tenere 700 Kicks Off Its 2018 World Tour!"

From the article that appears on the ADV Pulse site .......

"Throughout the 2018 World Raid Tour, the Tenere 700 prototype will be tested on all types of terrain. From these tests, Yamaha plans to develop the final specifications for the production model. Hopefully, it will be sooner rather than later when we finally see the Tenere 700 arriving on dealer floors!"

Full article here    http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/yamaha-tenere-700-world-tour/

On 6/15/2018 at 6:41 AM, Thai Chi said:

Correct, but things seem to be moving forward with the "Yamaha Tenere 700 Kicks Off Its 2018 World Tour!"

From the article that appears on the ADV Pulse site .......

"Throughout the 2018 World Raid Tour, the Tenere 700 prototype will be tested on all types of terrain. From these tests, Yamaha plans to develop the final specifications for the production model. Hopefully, it will be sooner rather than later when we finally see the Tenere 700 arriving on dealer floors!"

Full article here    http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/yamaha-tenere-700-world-tour/

....and there's more it seems.

I'm being told on a bike forum that the bike is due to be launched at the  EICMA show in Milan in November and might reach some showroom floors for Christmas.

Looks like it could seriously hit those monster trailey sales.

Yamaha-Tenere-700-World-Raid-Tour-2018-10-561x374.jpg.5f2777ceb29d119ff76f603f1e323dcf.jpg

Archived