Visa "strategy" ?

I'm posting here bcuz of visa issues, instead in travel forum. hope for some good advice here

I am planing on a trip to Kengtung, prolly staying 1 month after which i will return to Thailand to stay longterm

now, i am a singaporean, before i leave for myanmar, i would need to get the myanmar visa, now comes the problem, i am thinking of getting the thai tourist visa as well, as i will be travelling into Kengtung from Maesai border. after which 1 month later i will be back in thailand via the same route.

my qn is, will my tourist visa(thai) still be valid? considering i only spend 3days in thailand b4 i enter the borders and stay in myanmar for 1 month ?

i am planing to stay in thailand for long term which i rendered getting a tourist visa 1st + 2 extention , only then i will proceed to do the monthly border runs for 90days. instead of the other way round.

can someone advice me?

is the anywhere i can purchase a tourist visa in thailand, or i would have to travel outside to purchase?

thanks a million

if your still in singapore, just go to the thai embassy, 370 orchard rd. they will help you out and tell you what visa you need. but unless you get a non immigrant visa, you will not be getting 90 day stays in Thailand. Your best hope is to try to obtain a tourist visa with as many entries as the embassy will give you. each entry gives you 60 days plus the option to extend by 30 days. the more entries your visa has, the more times you can enter and get your 60 days.

Edited by aussiestyle1983

if you enter Thailand using the tourist visa .... it will be finished when you leave Thailand.

a 2 entry would be better for you

hello thanks for all the help.

How many types of tourist visas are there? single-entry and double-entry only ?

with double-entry, does it mean tat when i reach thailand for the 1st time, and after 3 days later i leave for myanmar, and when i come back i will continue the visa for the next 57days?

what would be the documents i will require and what are the fees?

sorry about all these questions, its the 1st time im getting the visa

Edited by jetzie

Tourist visas are normally single entry but there are also two and three entry. If you have a two entry and stay 3 days the second entry will be used for a return and you will get a new 60 day stamp.

and after my 2nd entry, am i able to extend it further?

what would be my next best step to stay in thailand?

Hello,

I am 35, a British Male, no criminal history.

I have an investment value of £400,000 (28,000,000 baht) in the UK, this gives a monthly return of £1,200 (84,000 baht) per month. I am looking to retire next year to Thailand. What are my options ?

Thanks.

Does anyone know if you have to leave every 90 days on a Non-imm B multi entry. anyone else have this kind of visa

Yes. Your passport will be stamped with the date you must leave; which will be 90 days from day of entry.

Q. How to apply for a re-entry permit?

A. In the case where an alien who holds any kind of visas for stay in the Kingdom wishes to travel abroad before his/her visa expires, the alien must apply for a re-entry permit. A re-entry permit allows the alien to re-enter the Kingdom and use the time remaining on his/her visa. If a re-entry permit is not applied for, the visa will automatically be cancelled at departure, although it may not have expired yet.

is this what i should be doing?

1st- apply for a myanmar tourist visa and a thai tourist visa b4 leaving my home country

2nd- when i reach thailand airport, procede to get a re-entry (do i do this once i reach or only when i about to leave?)

3rd- after my 1month trip in myanmar, i return and recieve a stamp to continue my 60days visa in thailand

4th- when my 60days is approaching, proceed to the immigration and get an extention. (when MUST i go to get an extention? nearing 60days? or wad?)

5th- after my total of 90days in thailand with a visa, proceed with the monthly visaruns (3 times)

am i doing it all right or totally wrong ?

1. Yes. But a two entry visa would be better and then re entry permit would not be required.

2. No - you can not obtain at airport unless you have checked in for a flight out. Do at immigration office or prior to flight out.

3. Yes. You are allowed to stay until the original permitted to stay stamp date (60 days from original arrival).

4. Yes. During last week is good.

does anyone knows the URL for the thai embassy in singapore, the url doesnt work...

Your right! But it hasnt worked for months now, if ever...............................

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/1869.php?depcode=24700100

That is the website that will take you to a mfa website containing the embassy in singapores info.