Koh Tao makes it onto Channel 4 UK

I don't know if anyone there has had a heads up yet but I suppose it was only a matter of time. I don't watch a lot of TV back here but caught an ad during the F1 highlights for a program going out this wed at 8pm on Channel 4 . Murder in paradise. An investigation into the murder of Hannah and David. Depending on how they play it they could do an awful lot of damage to the islands, not just Koh Tao. It should be interesting to watch for those that can use the catch up on the internet

As I recall the trailer said they are looking into 6 deaths over recent years...

Anyway 22:00hrs BST WED 20/4/2006 UK TV Channel 4, (04:00 21/4/21 Thai time) to be repeated 00:05 BST (06:05 Thai time) Fri Morning 22/04/2016
:

Isn't this the same production that already aired two months ago on Channel News Asia, whom they made it together with? In that case it can also be viewed online already. And if so, it didn't come up with anything new, it just highlighted some inconsistencies and remaining questions.

Edited by Gulfsailor

Isn't this the same production that already aired two months ago on Channel News Asia, whom they made it together with? In that case it can also be viewed online already. And if so, it didn't come up with anything new, it just highlighted some inconsistencies and remaining questions.

Didn't find anything, however a search brought up this one on Youtube

Koh Tao Murder - Thai Police, their scapegoates and tourist trade - Exposed by Anonymous

Didn't find anything, however a search brought up this one on Youtube

Koh Tao Murder - Thai Police, their scapegoates and tourist trade - Exposed by Anonymous

This production is not sanitised, but I guess it won't break new ground, just ask more questions and highlight inconsistencies in the investigation.

Possibly as they have the same name? Anyway it's just dropped onto kat (MV Group) so I'll let you know soon... smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

Watched it last night nothing exciting did not give any more info than what you can read on here, was surprised to see Mon giving an interview.

Notice, when Mon says he and his nephew weren't involved, see how Mon's eyes flick twice, sharply to the left. He makes Nixon look like an honest man.

The problem I have with Channel 4 documentaries: They start with the assumption that Thai authorities are trying to find who did the crimes. That's naive. Everything Thai authorities have said and done indicates they are trying desperately to not find the real perps. Channel 4 should make another documentary, and start from scratch. They should frame it from the premise of: Who really did the crime? Talking to Thai authorities will only yield diversions, obfuscations, denials and lying. I suggest: Talk to people who know what happened (and/or can connect the dots) and who are seeking truth and justice. Talk to knowledgeable people who have experience with deciphering crime scenes, and who don't have an agenda to shield the real perps. Hint: that's not the RTP or Mon.