Doctors Cert..

Totster

I want to get a Thai Driving license, and have all the necessary paperwork apart from the certificate from the doctor.

This is where the problem is.. we have tried four different doctors, and had no joy.. after the fourth try the wife was loosing her rag, so I said I'd come and ask on here.

So.. can anyone recommend a doctor in Kalasin that will be able to provide me with certificate needed when applying for a driving license ?

many thanks

totster :o

Any 'health centre' should be able to provide it. In my experience as long as you are able to walk (or loll) in, the certificate will be provided. Bht 20 to 40.

Well thats how I understood it.. the wife and I also went to the DL office and asked them again, they confirmed what you just said.

But we seem to be meeting some resistance.. the last Doctor said they couldn't do it because their "paper had run out" ! :o

totster :D

Totster, I got my lisence last March in Kuchinarai, the DL told me what Doctor to go to. If you live anywhere near Kuchinarai just west of the Krung Thai Bank on the same side of the road there is a Doctor's office, they will do it for you there. Last one I had it was his receptionest who did it the Doctor was not even there. Issangeorge

Down our way the local expats around here just go into the DL place and show the International Driving Permit, Your country of origin driving licence and your passport and visa. There is no doctors certificate, no eye test, no depth perception test, no driving test, and not even any tea money under the table.

I suppose it helps living in the sticks sometimes,

:o

Good morning Lads.

I think this is one of those who know what happen thing's also country of origin might play on roll here, (Ubon)

i have 5yrs licesnse got to do doc and all the paper work also letter from immigration(That they dont accept in BKK any more, one need letter from Embassy there) cost was i thing (2yrs ago)500 in total.

Few Days ago i got my Motorbike license and that was same, no hassle 50thb.

Down our way the local expats around here just go into the DL place and show the International Driving Permit, Your country of origin driving licence and your passport and visa. There is no doctors certificate, no eye test, no depth perception test, no driving test, and not even any tea money under the table.

I suppose it helps living in the sticks sometimes,

I also live in Kalasin and last year just went to the DL office... Right out front of the place were several desks setup to provide Medical Cert., Insurance and Photos.... I really just went to look into what it would take for future try, but it was so easy that I just went for it, and walked out later in the afternoon with both Vehicle and Motorcycle Lic... I was required to take the written test and drivers test for the Motorcycle, both really quit easy... I will be going for my 5 year renewal in two months.. I hope that it is as easy as the last time...

Pianoman

I also live in Kalasin and last year just went to the DL office... Right out front of the place were several desks setup to provide Medical Cert., Insurance and Photos.... I really just went to look into what it would take for future try, but it was so easy that I just went for it, and walked out later in the afternoon with both Vehicle and Motorcycle Lic... I was required to take the written test and drivers test for the Motorcycle, both really quit easy... I will be going for my 5 year renewal in two months.. I hope that it is as easy as the last time...

Pianoman

Thanks Pianoman.. :o

I'll pop down there and speak with them on Monday.

totster :D

From the above posts I see there are three other posters other than myself that live in Kalasin Province. Where do you all live? I live in Kuchinarai District, and if any one is interested five or six farangs get together every Tuesday night for dinner and to talk farang stuff at a resteraunt in Boakhao (Kuchinarai town) if interested I can try to give dirrections. Issangeorge.

Edited by Issangeorge

From the above posts I see there are three other posters other than myself that live in Kalasin Province. Where do you all live? I live in Kuchinarai District, and if any one is interested five or six farangs get together every Tuesday night for dinner and to talk farang stuff at a resteraunt in Boakhao (Kuchinarai town) if interested I can try to give dirrections. Issangeorge.

Issangeorge,

I live in Kalasin City/town, and know of at least six to eight expats from the US, England and Austraila who all live here in the City... We tend to get together about once a month for a BBQ or Pizza Feed at someone's place... There are three other expats right on my Soi...

I am not sure where Kuchinarai town is, but once a week seems like a bit too often for gatherings..

Pianoman

Did you get your certificate Totster?

Yes.. did it all today.. like pianoman said, got the doctors certificate right outside the office.

The licenses were surprisingly easy to obtain, it took about 10 mins to sort everything out with the very helpful young lady there, paid my fees... went for lunch, 30 mins later returned and picked up the licenses.

Thanks all for your help

Totster :o

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not living in Ban Bua Khao, but my wife's family does live in the centre.

So when we go on holiday, i might be interesded.