What on Earth is this wiring connector?

Happy Grumpy

I want to switch out the Subwoofer on 5.1 surround sound system.

This is what the current SW connects to it by

bb1.jpgbb2.jpg

bb3.jpgbb5.jpg

Is there a name for such a thing, I'd like to get an adapter that has the red/white audio cables connected to one of these on the other end.

efdc8308_HRCA.jpg

Instead of the 3.5 Jack Plug.

Any info?

Cheers.

It's just speaker wire with a connector at the end so you don't mistakenly plug it into one of the other 5 speaker sockets (or vice versa).

Sounds like you want to connect a proper subwoofer to an "all-in-one" system, see if it has an RCA output (red/white) or headphone output, else you won't be able to do it sensibly.

You might be able to come out of the TV to a Subwoofer (via RCA or headphone socket) but probably be more trouble than it's worth, timing might be effected and may Mute the TV etc....

Cheers. It's all coming from a PC to the Home Theater unit.

I was thinking that if I could buy another one of these cables with the same connector, I could experiment splicing an RCA cable onto it, as I have another subwoofer (that I prefer) that is RCA input.

Cheers. It's all coming from a PC to the Home Theater unit.

I was thinking that if I could buy another one of these cables with the same connector, I could experiment splicing an RCA cable onto it, as I have another subwoofer (that I prefer) that is RCA input.

No it wouldn't work, it's a different cable type.

Headphone out on the PC to white/red RCA?

Yes, it's speaker cable not RCA cable and carries a different signal. The connector is just a special connector that they have invented so you don't plug the subwoofer into one of the other sockets, it's not an industry type of connector or anything.

The new subwoofer you want to use has RCA Inputs that need to come over an RCA cable (it's a different type of signal) so it's not going to work.

now if you are going through HDMI to the Surround Sound unit from a PC, you MAY be able to ALSO come out of the headphone jack with a headphone to RCA cable and plug that into your new subwoofer.