500 Witnesses to be Called in Bangkok Bombing Trial

webfact

500 Witnesses to be Called in Bangkok Bombing Trial
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14611254981461125513l.jpg
Adem Karadag, at left, and Yusufu Mieraili, second from left, are led into a military court Wednesday morning in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — About 500 witnesses will be called during the course of the trial of two men accused of being behind last year’s deadly terror attack in Bangkok.

At a pretrial hearing before a military tribunal Wednesday morning, the lawyer representing the man accused of setting the bomb which killed 20 people said he would submit another seven names to the list of 41 witnesses already filed with the court for the defense of his client, Adem Karadag. Most of the witnesses would be called by the prosecution.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1461125498

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-04-20

And what of the corrupt immigration officer(s)?

I was going to ask the same thing...

Sounds like the prosecution has spun out of control. I cannot imagine the need for 500 witnesses.

No, one would think 500 witnesses is going a bit overboard if the prosecution is in possession of any forensic evidence. The courts are increasingly placing forensic scientific evidence above eye-witness testimony when determining truth or innocence - for example, DNA or fingerprint evidence now trumps multiple witness testimony in almost all American courts.

Not casting any judgements here either way, just wondering why the need for that many witnesses. After all, the evidence supposedly uncovered in Karadag's apartment was enough to award themselves 3 million baht reward.

A job done to get back at those who shut down the Uighur smuggling trade. Gravy train abruptly turned off as a result of the crackdown and deportation to China of those being trafficked. Bombers must have been paid handsomely to carry out the job. Looks like a foreign act of retribution when in fact the mastermind is here among us. Thailand, a criminals paradise!

While the court is taking 3 years to interview 500 witnesses...the man's friends will pay-off prison personnel...who will allow the man to quietly slip across the border...and by then not many people will even care...

Typical Thai style, opting for quantity not quality. I guess their approach is to throw as much brown stuff as possible, and hope some sticks.

"... their approach is to throw as much brown stuff as possible, and hope some sticks."

Not unlike the posting style of those who post endless nonsense on TV.

Typical Thai style, opting for quantity not quality. I guess their approach is to throw as much brown stuff as possible, and hope some sticks.

"... their approach is to throw as much brown stuff as possible, and hope some sticks."

Not unlike the posting style of those who post endless nonsense on TV.

Says he !

Sounds like the prosecution has spun out of control. I cannot imagine the need for 500 witnesses.

Overkill no doubt. 2 on trial still looking for 15 more kind of a poor track record considering all the bonus money handed out. Will there be more bonus bahts if they are convicted.

No, one would think 500 witnesses is going a bit overboard if the prosecution is in possession of any forensic evidence. The courts are increasingly placing forensic scientific evidence above eye-witness testimony when determining truth or innocence - for example, DNA or fingerprint evidence now trumps multiple witness testimony in almost all American courts.

Not casting any judgements here either way, just wondering why the need for that many witnesses. After all, the evidence supposedly uncovered in Karadag's apartment was enough to award themselves 3 million baht reward.

The people presenting the forensic evidence in court are referred as witnesses... :rolleyes:

The people presenting the forensic evidence in court are referred as witnesses... rolleyes.gif

That would make sense then. Thanks for pointing that out.thumbsup.gif

They always come up with large numbers, this is Thailand, which means, of course, do not believe the numbers.