The New Changes...

Ive looked at the new rules for getting a non 'O' based on supporting a Thai wife, and ive been told that the money requirements are only for people over 50. If your younger you just have to be employed, with a valid work permit.

I was wondering if this is true, as the pdf file with the new regulations, doesnt make it all to clear. Im worried as to what this will spell out for me and my fiancee. Im 22 and dont have a degree. A family member may be able to employ me but if not i wont have money to open my own business till january, and dont want to be apart from my fiancee that long.

Maybe i should take her travelling? :o

I am really really confused,

I am 39, married to a thai, I have 400,000Kbt to put towards the non imm o.

Do i still need to get a job in Thailand to stay long term? :o

thanks in advance!

nam

no, you need to show financial support ...that can be funds in a thai bank account or verified monthly income or a combination of the two.

you can work in thailand but will need to get a work permit to do so.

Thanks Huski, appreciate

If i show them 9M baht in a US bank - will that suffice everytime I need to renew?

I thought of teaching english but I do well trading stocks.

I'll be living way upcountry, really cheap there.

regards

nam

If i show them 9M baht in a US bank - will that suffice everytime I need to renew?

if you want to just show funds it will need to be in a thai bank account <400k+ baht>. transfer a chunk over to thailand and keep the overseas transfer receipt. you will also need to get a recent letter from your thai bank to verify these funds, right before your 1st appointment for your one year extension.

So as long as I show them 400Kbt every year in a Thai bank I am not

required to work and show monthly income?

Thanks and sorry i am so thick :o

That is all you need to do. Show 400k in a bank in Thailand and a one year extension is yours ( take to Immigration your marriage papers, wife, wife's ID card, house registration book and a current letter from your banker. Get an O visa before you get to Thailand. That is the visa that'll be extended annually.

Hi there,

May I add my 2 cents? (I am not expert but I suppose the following, in theory). In my opinion, the 400K needs to be renewed and come from abroad every year....

As he is below 50 it was said that he needs to work so he will get the 1st extension only for 9 months and then be questionned again about what is he doing there and where the money is coming from. Immigration police will have access to his bank account and check the activity whenever they want.

After 9 months if

-the balance didn't move (then where the money he used to survive 9 months is coming from?)

-the account was emptied and refilled with money from thailand (where did he get that money from? working in Thailand?)

If he doesn't have a working permit and no money is coming from abroad, immigration can deduct that his money is coming from an illegal source and his permit will not renewed.

Cheers :o

As he is below 50 it was said that he needs to work so he will get the 1st extension only for 9 months

The 9 month extension is to provide time for a person without income/job to find employment inside Thailand. This person will have income from 'employment' outside Thailand and receive a full extension of stay using bank deposit and a letter from his Embassy of yearly/monthly income from overseas.

Please see April 21 post here for details:

Thaiimmigration.com forum

That's correct and as Holland does have treaty with Thailand ,I will be taxed for my world wide income in Thailand.(at my own choice)

All payments in Holland from pensionfunds or whatever will be gross payments as agreed with tax authorities in Holland.

I think I can prove income to immigration authorities after my first full year in Thailand.!?