outbound ticket needed for tourist visa issued in Phnom Penh?

I'm staying in Phnom Penh and wish to get a single entry tourist Visa (German passport). There are some comments about that particular embassy saying they are very strict. Please advise on practical experience....

There are mixed reports about needing a ticket out of the country. Best to contact an agent to find out what they can do.

If you need one you could get a one way ticket to a nearby country to meet the requirement.

I have received 3 separate single entry Tourist Visas from the Embassy in Phnom Penh. (USA Passport) I have always had the application filled with address in Thailand and a bank statement showing $2,000USD in the bank, and a photocopy of my passport picture page. (A bank 50M south of the embassy has made me a photocopy several times for no charge.

One time I received a new passport from the US Embassy so it did not have an entry stamp. She was kind enough to let me know I need to make a photocopy of my old entry stamp and submit it with my new passport. (It showed me they at least care enough to make sure you have your items in order and will mention if something looks incorrect.

I have never used an agent, if you know how to get to the embassy it is a very easy process. It is very small with a lot less security than the USA embassy.

I have never had an outgoing ticket as sometimes I take the bus to Laos or fly to Singapore. Never quite sure before applying.

Edited by marke985

I recommend using 5 Oceans travel agency on Pasteur 51 (between 208 and 214st) - $5 fee and they can create a free travel itinerary for the embassy if needed. Just need 1 photo, they do the rest. I've used them 4 times before.

There are mixed reports about needing a ticket out of the country. Best to contact an agent to find out what they can do.

If you need one you could get a one way ticket to a nearby country to meet the requirement.

About 4000 baht Phuket to Kuala Lumpur. Not a big loss if you do not use it.

About 4000 baht Phuket to Kuala Lumpur. Not a big loss if you do not use it.

Just checked Air Asia for a one way flight on June 23rd and it is only 1290 baht. Not sure where you got the 4k number from.