What's The Best Website To Find Great Deals On Last Minute Flights To Neighboring Countries (or Not So Neighboring)

Slated

Where are you thinking of? Airasia do cheap flicghts to Penang, Singapore etc. As do Valuair. Jetstar have just started in LOS and fly to OZ. You could come and have a few beers in Sydney mate. If you want. Have a look in the travel forum and maybe get more ideas. You could even goto Cambodia or Laos. Vietnam?Supposed to be nice in Vietnam.

Probably would have been a good idea to see if there was a travel forum here, huh mate. lol

Considering I look like a Marine, would present day Vietnam be a safe place to go for a few days?

I'd love to go to Sydney, but it's probably out of my price range :o

Sorry again about not making it to your last night out, but the chicken pox were owning my face and the hospital seemed like the best place to be that night :D

Probably would have been a good idea to see if there was a travel forum here, huh mate. lol

Considering I look like a Marine, would present day Vietnam be a safe place to go for a few days?

I'd love to go to Sydney, but it's probably out of my price range :o

Sorry again about not making it to your last night out, but the chicken pox were owning my face and the hospital seemed like the best place to be that night :D

You will have no problem or face any anomosity as the Vietnamese have moved on from the war......

there is some budget airline flying to Macau - try airninja.com for all budget airlines in the region.

However for the best price you have to book them well in advance -but you can always try at the last minute, they still might have cheapies

Here is a list of low cost carriers operating in the South-East Asian region.

South-East Asia has the most developed low cost carrier networks in Asia, with many operators and fierce competition. As of June 2006, all countries in South-East Asia except East Timor and Laos can be reached by LCC.

Adam Air

Adam Air operates flights throughout Indonesia and also flies internationally on the Jakarta-Singapore and Penang-Medan routes.

Air Asia

Malaysian airline Air Asia has the distinction of having been acquired for 1 ringgit (US $0.25), but they have now grown to the largest (and most profitable) operator in the region. Originally founded by government-owned conglomerate DRB-Hicom, the heavily indebted airline was purchased by former Time Warner executive Tony Fernandes's company Tune Air Sdn Bhd for the symbolic sum of one ringgit on December 2nd, 2001. They operate on the now-classic model — open seating, Internet/phone booking and no complimentary refreshments.

They have bases in Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bahru (near Singapore), Bangkok and Jakarta, operating flights throughout Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia, as well as Macau and Xiamen in China, Phnom Penh and Siem Reap in Cambodia, Hanoi in Vietnam, Manila in the Philippines, Brunei and Singapore. They are currently eyeing Laos, India, and Sri Lanka for possible expansion.

Air Philippines

Air Philippines [1], a Philippine Airlines subsidiary mainly flies domestic routes in the Philippines. It flies internationally from Manila to Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Daegu.

Citilink

Garuda Citilink operate a domestic route network in Indonesia. Fares start from 125,000 Indonesian Rupiah ($15). Warning: this subsidiary of Garuda Airline does not currently accept credit card purchases online or at its call center, requiring payment via a limited number of ATMs in Indonesia or directly at their office in Jakarta.

Cebu Pacific Air

Cebu Pacific flies primarily within the Philippines, but also flies from Manila and Cebu to Bangkok (from December 14, 2006), Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur (from November 30), Seoul and Singapore.

Jetstar Asia/Valuair

Jetstar Asia is a Qantas-backed LCC currently flying from Singapore to Bangkok, Calcutta, Hong Kong, Manila, Phnom Penh, Phuket, Siem Reap, Taipei and Yangon. Just recently, they've added flights to Bangalore, their ambitious expansion plans include Hanoi and Mumbai. Jetstar's subsidiary brand Valuair flies to Jakarta, Surabaya and Denpasar (Bali).

Lion Air

Lion Air flies from Jakarta to domestic destinations and Ho Chi Minh City, Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Singapore.

Nok Air

Thai Airlines' low-cost carrier spinoff Nok Air flies domestic flights in Thailand and plans to expand overseas as well.

Orient Thai

Orient Thai, who also use the brand One-Two-GO, flies domestic flights in Thailand as well as international flights to Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Seoul from both Bangkok and Phuket.

Note: Even by low-cost carrier standards, Orient Thai's on-time record is notoriously poor and their planes, particularly the 747s, are old.

Phuket Airlines

Phuket Airlines' ambitious plans to offer international service to London and Amsterdam have hit some turbulence after safety problems grounded much of their aging fleet. By late 2005, Phuket Air had abandoned almost all routes, now serving only Bangkok and Ranong in Thailand, and Yangon in Myanmar. A long row of Phuket Airlines planes has been parked on the tarmac at Bangkok airport since that time.

Tiger Airways

Tiger Airways is a low-cost airline set up in Singapore jointly by Singapore Airlines and the people who started Ryanair. Services currently operate from Singapore to Australia (Darwin), China (Guangzhou, Haikou, Macau, Shenzhen), Indonesia (Padang), Philippines (Manila), Thailand (Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hat Yai, Krabi, Phuket), Vietnam (Danang, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City).

Edited by TRIPxCORE

one exception...phuket airline has gone out of business :o

airasia might be one of the best deals to many countries around here....it flies to hanoi...nice place. friendly people, and no they dont have hangups about the war. most beatiful women too!! Id even consider dating one if i were either 1) a guy 2) gay

:D