Death threats made against police investigating murder of student in Kalasin

webfact

Death threats made against police investigating murder of student in Kalasin

kal.jpg
Image: DailyNews

KALASIN:-- Police investigating the murder of a student in Kalasin say that members of the investigative team have received death threats.

An influential village leader in the province has already been arrested in connection with the murder of Reudeewan Phonprasit or "Nong Snow", a final year student at a school in Rong Kham district of the north eastern province, reports Thairath.

It is now more than 100 days since Nong Snow was murdered. Police think she was going to be raped but fought her attacker off before being murdered.

Kritidech Rawengwan, a "phu yai ban" of Si Tan, Dong Ling sub-district denies involvement. Relatives have amassed a huge fund to defend him

Police have been collecting evidence and witness statements in the 102 days since the attack. In the latest developments Kritidech's wife Tassanee,28, has been taken in for questioning.

And after threats were made over the telephone top brass called together the investigative team in the case to remind them to take especial care.

Superintendent Apichit Thianpermphun of the Kalasin force said that matters were nearing a conclusion and the case was expected to be ready for prosecution in early May: "We are aware that relatives of the suspect have collected ten million baht to fight the case.

"This was a terrible crime and the suspect is an influential person in the area," he added as he reminded officers to remain resolute and alert in the case.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-22

"Police investigating the murder of a student in Kalasin say that members of the investigative team have received death threats".

After a short investigation Police investigative team found the "Cause of death suicide!" case closed.

What? Thai police investigators are actually pursuing the criminal who killed the female student?

I'm thinking other police may threaten them as they are breaking with tradition...

Who cares how much money he has for defense fund if he did it he should pay the price with time in jail. If the fact prove him guilty jail his sorry arse.

Actually the money mostly be spent buying off witnesses and funding the prosecutors and judges increased life style..TIT

The Kalasin Police are corrupt. Approximately 6 years ago 4 officers were suspended for the disappearance/murders of half a dozen people.

3 years ago a daily newspaper showed a photo of the then current police chief giving the officers 100,000 baht each.

I had a problem with some Thai men who attacked me for no reason other than they were drunk, and kicked me off my motorcycle. The police report said I dropped the bike, there was no mention of the two Thai men.

I am only posting here, as i want to hear more about this

Doesn't appear to be working, but then it is early in the day. gigglem.gif

Edited by Dap

If you cast your eyes up to the top left of any Thai Visa topic you will find a little button marked "follow this topic".

thumbsup.gif

True dat! Just attempting to inject a bit of humour ... my bad gigglem.gif

If you cast your eyes up to the top left of any Thai Visa topic you will find a little button marked "follow this topic".

thumbsup.gif

Yes because a story about a murdered woman and the accused threatening the police needs to be reduced to low level humour. Edited by Bluespunk

Blood is thicker than water, Thai style.

Blood = doing anything and everything to keep a relative from suffering legal consequences for a crime.

Water = justice. considered insignificant compared to blood relations.

.....and what about the family and friends of the girl who was murdered? At the least, they must be under lots of pressure to drop charges. At worst, anyone with any incriminating evidence is probably getting death threats.

thumbsup.gif

Yes because a story about a murdered woman and the accused threatening the police needs to be reduced to low level humour.

To each their own mate biggrin.png

Yes because a story about a murdered woman and the accused threatening the police needs to be reduced to low level humour.

To each their own mate biggrin.png

I'm sure the family of the murdered woman will be happy to hear that.

"Each such mu or group is led by a headman, usually called village headman or village chief (ผู้ใหญ่บ้าน Phu Yai Ban), who is elected by the population of the village and then appointed by the Ministry of the Interior." - Wikipedia

Inquiring minds might want to know