Wheelchair spares saga.

colinneil

I asked for help regarding wheelchair spares Farma sent a link to the makers.

I contacted them and they said sorry we make them, but you have to go through our agent in Bangkok.

They gave me details ......health based bankapee Bangkok.

Phoned them, please send photos/make/model, so i did as requested.

They would not accept Krung Thai card, only bank transfer, ok wife did that.

Yesterday parcel arrived (Kerry express) opened it, then i went crazy.

Ordered 2 wheels, spindles,bearings and brackets.

What i received was 2 wheels 2 brackets, no spindles, no bearings, and wheels and brackets not even for a Soma wheelchair.

Cheap Chinese plastic.

Wife phoned asked what is going on, was told you got wheels, yes, well not return/ no refund bye bye.

So i phoned went through all the nonsense of pressing 9 for English, finally got a man who could speak English.

Explained the problem, hello hello, i was talking to myself he had closed the phone.

So i called back same man this time he would not speak to me, i could hear him speaking Thai to somebody.

Gave the phone to my wife. She said he is telling another person that !! it is the stupid farang on the phone.!!

Can any member point me in the right direction as to who i can complain to.

Iam not prepared to let this drop. I paid as much for the new wheels as i paid Lazada for a backup wheelchair.

Maybe the information in this post could be helpful:

NCPO Thai government. 24 hour Call Center 1111 http://www.1111.go.th/

They deal with any and all complaints related to anything and everything.

Noise, schools, retailers, builders, police or anything else.

Consumer Protection Board. http://www.ocpb.go.t...?filename=index

This agency deals with all retails, real estate and alike problems, including faulty products, incomplete jobs, warranty's etc.

It also deals with unlicensed restaurants of food sellers.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/109057-thai-government-web-sites/

Life is too short. Forget it an look for the parts elsewhere.

[/

I fully agree life is too short. But hey i am stuck in a wheelchair.

Only place where i can get the parts is from that company in Bangkok.

Shop where i bought the wheelchair are only interested in selling me another wheelchair.

Colinneil, I know you're not mobile like many of us, but we have a local "Pulleys, Bearings, Sprockets and Cogs" shop, I'm sure you have something similar.

I am 99.99% certain they will be able to come up with something that will fit and do the job at a fraction of the cost of the "Real Deal Wheel".

OK, it might be a wheel off a sack truck, but if it does the trick ...

Your wife seems a smart cookie (like mine), send her on a mission :)

Just a short update.

Crossy posted about asking somebody local.

We did that today, up and running again.

A big thankyou to Crossy/ Charlie H.

Tomorrow will take up the problem with Consumer Protection Board.

Isn't it great to be able to get about. The bloke who invented the mobility scooter should get a medal. I too run around on one and it has made a great deal of difference to my life, independent and not having to rely on someone pushing you in the bloody wheelchair.

I really don't mean any disrespect to anyone, but someone should explain to me why any foreign person who relies on a wheelchair/motorized scooter to get around would want to settle in Thailand. The sidewalks here are horrendous and most buildings lack ramps that would be needed by handicapped people to access them.

I really don't mean any disrespect to anyone, but someone should explain to me why any foreign person who relies on a wheelchair/motorized scooter to get around would want to settle in Thailand. The sidewalks here are horrendous and most buildings lack ramps that would be needed by handicapped people to access them.

In answer to this post, i was not paraplegic when i retired here.

My accident happened more than 2 years after i came here.

I agree with you about disabled access in Thailand it is almost non existent.

Come to Thailand when you're crippled? You've got to be joking. As a wheelchair bound person the last place I would choose would be Thailand. No disabled services whatsoever. How would you like to live in a town with plenty of ATM's none of which you can access, likewise shops, banks, pubs, etc. you name it - we can't use it. Cripples don't come to Thailand, when you're incapacitated here you're stuck here,. Think about it.

Come to Thailand when you're crippled? You've got to be joking. As a wheelchair bound person the last place I would choose would be Thailand. No disabled services whatsoever. How would you like to live in a town with plenty of ATM's none of which you can access, likewise shops, banks, pubs, etc. you name it - we can't use it. Cripples don't come to Thailand, when you're incapacitated here you're stuck here,. Think about it.

Read the post above yours, he didn't.

I started this thread asking for help getting spares for my wheelchair.

Now it has been hijacked by members moaning about poor disabled access.

Ok Thailand is not the best place for disabled people.

Do the same as me !! make the best of a bad situation!!

Many places i cannot access, but i always find very kind hearted Thai people who help me.

Local atm i use myself no problem.

MODS please close this before it becomes just another Thai bashing thread.