DVD store across from Wat Phra Singh is gone

augustwest

Yes, I have noticed the same thing with DVD market these days.

FYI, I used to see four or five DVD stores at KSK, four of which were really cheap with many titles. Of those four, only the one in the basement opposite Tops is still in business that I know of. I am not sure about the less cheaper one.

I have happened to see a DVD store on the lowest level at Airport Plaza recently, but they charge a little more than the really cheap ones.

Yes, I have noticed the same thing with DVD market these days.

FYI, I used to see four or five DVD stores at KSK, four of which were really cheap with many titles. Of those four, only the one in the basement opposite Tops is still in business that I know of. I am not sure about the less cheaper one.

I have happened to see a DVD store on the lowest level at Airport Plaza recently, but they charge a little more than the really cheap ones.

Maybe because they are legal?

Any way, we buy all of our DVD's at the shop on the Basement level of Airport Central Plaza. They are legal and there is large inventory.

People still buy DVDs ??

I still have 6 sealed boxes.. 1000s of DVDs.. 50 - 60% legit R1 and R2 DVDs.. Box sets, Special editions.. God knows what that collection cost.. 20 or 30k USD in DVDs at an absolute minimum. I used to have walls full of shelves of the damn things..

Easier to fire up and app, download a HD rip, than it is to find the title you want in the collection.

Physical media is dead.. Everything is easier with digital distribution..

anyone want to buy a DVD collection ??

They will all be gone soon

Why?

Because these days there are many alternatives to watching films on DVDs. CDs and DVDs are rapidly becoming a technology of the past, along with floppy disks and VCR tapes and will soon be assigned into the dustbin of history.

People still buy DVDs ??

I still have 6 sealed boxes.. 1000s of DVDs.. 50 - 60% legit R1 and R2 DVDs.. Box sets, Special editions.. God knows what that collection cost.. 20 or 30k USD in DVDs at an absolute minimum. I used to have walls full of shelves of the damn things..

Easier to fire up and app, download a HD rip, than it is to find the title you want in the collection.

Physical media is dead.. Everything is easier with digital distribution..

anyone want to buy a DVD collection ??

I have exactly the same dilemma, spent a fortune over years. Now, apart from a few collectors boxed editions, I'd struggle to give them away.

They will all be gone soon

Why?

In the exact same way the VHS died a very quick death with the introduction of the DVD

I don't own a DVD player and haven't for around 2 years now. The same is happening here in the UK where people are selling huge collections for next to nothing. Now anything I watch is downloaded to my computer and then sent to my TV / Tablet to watch in any room

Plaza 89 has a store. very cheap and 100% legal of course as are the designer handbags sold in the shop near tesco lotus there ;-)

If you are referring to the shop adjacent to 7/11 and at 30 baht a piece..they are copies but quality is ok...

Plaza 89 has a store. very cheap and 100% legal of course as are the designer handbags sold in the shop near tesco lotus there ;-)

If you are referring to the shop adjacent to 7/11 and at 30 baht a piece..they are copies but quality is ok...

pretty sure chuang had his tongue in his cheek when he said that

pretty sure chuang had his tongue in his cheek when he said that

I think you meant me Rob13 and if so you are spot on. There are no flies on you ;-)

Archived