What Motorbike Can She Ride In The Uk

yorkieb

Dear Forum

My GF has just passed her motorbike test in Thailand, 1 year licence I beleive. I would lie to know what this entitles her to ride in the UK when see comes over next week.

Does she have to sit the CBT test and then ride under L plates up to a 125cc for 1 year or can she do more with her Thai licence.

Regards

Yorkieb

AFAIK and I would check with the DVLA site she can ride any sized motorbike for 1 year with no restrictions at all provided she has an international licence and her Thai licence.

If staying in the UK for over 1 year she needs to take a test. I beleive that she only needs to take the riden test. If she passes fine, if she fails she can still continue to drive up to the end of the 1 year period.

Personally I wouldn't allow someone who has learnt in Thailand to drive any bike in the UK - especially not if I loved them :o

With only a 1 year Thai licence I don't think she will get an IDP (worth asking though).

The DVLA website is confusing but it seems (as Briley says) that she can ride without restriction without an IDP, scary!!!

I also agree with Briley's statement, I wouldn't allow my Mrs anywhere near a bike in the UK, the way she rides she'd kill someone, get arrested for some infringement involving one-way streets / pavements / traffic lights or both.