NCPO says it has proof Thaksin behind smear campaign – but it's classified

webfact

The only difference between thaksin and Prayut is the uniform. They are becoming more and more like each other.

All Prayut needs to do is say declare he is running a democracy and you simply could not seperate the two.

Well done lad the penny is starting to drop. Although the huge, nay massive difference (despite the blx about vote buying etc), is that Thaksin could be voted out at election time.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only difference between thaksin and Prayut is the uniform. They are becoming more and more like each other.

All Prayut needs to do is say declare he is running a democracy and you simply could not seperate the two.

Thaksin has a much higher IQ than this general .

He was more believable on his TV addresses and didn't need to fabricate polls .

Thaksin never dressed in the chosen high camp outfits of the general on his Friday night propaganda rants.

Thaksin was hugely more successful in running the economy and international affairs.

Thaksin was hugely popular and though a ruthless crook achieved political success.

It's very gullible to compare to two men.

One is measured and careful and considered

And ruled by will of people.

One is ill tempered and hedonist and quick to temper and oppresses the will of the people and rules by force.

The attraction to a small percentage of men is by nature always a queer thing to understand but it's free to each have his or hers opinion .

Unlike Thais under the military rule

post-219560-0-83260900-1461674185_thumb.

Edited by Plutojames88

The junta government has all the resources at their disposal to counter any smear campaign. They can use their embassies, delegations, special envoy to explain the facts. They can even hire their own lobbyists like in the previous Surayud's junta administration through their US Embassy. If the junta has a strong case to dispell and counter smear, use it; not just whine and use intimidation to scare and quiet down smear.

yes, all true.

But these guys are all incompetent....

" the engagement between Robert Amsterdam and former Prime Minister Thaksin has concluded," said Amsterdam’s Amsterdam & Partners LLP in a statement." dated January of last year.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Lobbyist-Amsterdam-breaks-with-Thaksin-30251415.html

On the other hand "Amsterdam was first retained in 2010 by Thaksin to defend the rights of the redshirts movement, including an application before the International Criminal Court (ICC).", and who knows (certainly not I !) how much was invoiced & reimbursed, by various routes or by whom, for their ongoing work since then ?

That does rather spell out a direct financial link, for anyone who might doubt one exists, between the movement and the former-PM, if he retained overseas PR-lobbyists to work on their behalf ? whistling.gif

" the engagement between Robert Amsterdam and former Prime Minister Thaksin has concluded," said Amsterdam’s Amsterdam & Partners LLP in a statement." dated January of last year.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Lobbyist-Amsterdam-breaks-with-Thaksin-30251415.html

On the other hand "Amsterdam was first retained in 2010 by Thaksin to defend the rights of the redshirts movement, including an application before the International Criminal Court (ICC).", and who knows (certainly not I !) how much was invoiced & reimbursed, by various routes or by whom, for their ongoing work since then ?

That does rather spell out a direct financial link, for anyone who might doubt one exists, between the movement and the former-PM, if he retained overseas PR-lobbyists to work on their behalf ? whistling.gif

Ok so if it is so concrete then the Junta so expose it and it will completely discredit the protests against them.

But yet they haven't done that, it is wholly for the benefit if they did so, I wonder why they are not releasing their "evidence" whistling.gif

It was common knowledge with regards to Thaksin and Amsterdam, there was no denying it, but they parted company back in 2014 I believe.

Wake up.. if the Junta has proof of foreign companies and countries lobbying against them, you can bet your ass that the Ambassadors of those countries would be hauled in for questioning, and thus creating a bigger diplomatic/political shit storm.

And.....so what......

What difference does it make if TS does have people working for him........lobbying against the junta.....IMO, it's fine......but maybe I'm wrong

Ok so if it is so concrete then the Junta so expose it and it will completely discredit the protests against them.

But yet they haven't done that, it is wholly for the benefit if they did so, I wonder why they are not releasing their "evidence" whistling.gif

I agree, just because it was happening a few years back, doesn't mean it's still happening ... although that article does go on to say that they're still lobbying on a pro-bono basis.

If the government have more recent evidence, then they should reveal it, as you rightly say.

Personally I'd accept that there was a guiding-influence behind some of the overseas lobbying, and that (given the several interviews this February) it's fairly clear who that might be, but that there is also real local concern about the proposed new constitution, ahead of any referendum.

And that that is relatively spontaneous, despite the government's wish that it were not.

And.....so what......

What difference does it make if TS does have people working for him........lobbying against the junta.....IMO, it's fine......but maybe I'm wrong

The point is that he denied it just a few days ago "He also denied that he hired foreign lobbyists to tarnish the image of Thailand." ?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/912152-thaksin-denies-pms-accusation-that-he-pulls-the-strings-behind-anti-government-activities/

If it did what they claim it does, they would be shouting this evidence from the rooftops.

No one needs to discredit this "government" - it would hard to do a better job on that than they already do themselves.

They are re-writing the "What not to do" chapter in the Idiots Guide to Public Relations.

And.....so what......

The point is that he denied it just a few days ago "He also denied that he hired foreign lobbyists to tarnish the image of Thailand." ?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/912152-thaksin-denies-pms-accusation-that-he-pulls-the-strings-behind-anti-government-activities/

Do you actually think that Thaksin personally deals with these lobbyists, retainer or not? Or is he like every other businessman on the planet, and has his assistants do it all for him?

Be careful of the shards from the straws you're clutching.

Have you stopped for one minute to think that Thaksin would never return to Thailand, if he did, the streets would be in chaos, and everything would be back to square one ? So what would he actually achieve?

Thaksin is a convenient bogeyman for the Juntas own shortcomings and failings, they had the opportunity to have actually reconciled the country, instead they've pushed it further apart.

They could have really proved "but this coup is different" when the harsh reality is, it's no different from any other power grabbing coup, this one is heading the same way.

The biggest threat to the Junta are the Junta themselves, their own ego's are going to see to this, power corrupts, and even Stevie Wonder can see what's going on.

Thaksin has a much higher IQ than this general .

He was more believable on his TV addresses and didn't need to fabricate polls .

Thaksin never dressed in the chosen high camp outfits of the general on his Friday night propaganda rants.

Thaksin was hugely more successful in running the economy and international affairs.

Thaksin was hugely popular and though a ruthless crook achieved political success.

It's very gullible to compare to two men.

One is measured and careful and considered

And ruled by will of people.

One is ill tempered and hedonist and quick to temper and oppresses the will of the people and rules by force.

The attraction to a small percentage of men is by nature always a queer thing to understand but it's free to each have his or hers opinion .

Unlike Thais under the military rule

A gnat also has a much higher IQ. And my bicycle does too.

And.....so what......

Do you actually think that Thaksin personally deals with these lobbyists, retainer or not? Or is he like every other businessman on the planet, and has his assistants do it all for him?

Have you stopped for one minute to think that Thaksin would never return to Thailand, if he did, the streets would be in chaos, and everything would be back to square one ? So what would he actually achieve?

Thaksin is a convenient bogeyman for the Juntas own shortcomings and failings, they had the opportunity to have actually reconciled the country, instead they've pushed it further apart.

They could have really proved "but this coup is different" when the harsh reality is, it's no different from any other power grabbing coup, this one is heading the same way.

The biggest threat to the Junta are the Junta themselves, their own ego's are going to see to this, power corrupts, and even Stevie Wonder can see what's going on.

Posting links to published facts is not clutching at straws, it's an attempt to achieve a more balanced overall picture, and why should I "Be careful of the shards" ?blink.png

I do believe that he sets strategy, and may well sometimes meet with any lobbyists he engages, how else would he take advice from them, on his own or others' behalf ? Although he sometimes blames 'bad advice' for his errors of judgement.

I don't think he has many high-level assistants or deputies who "do it all for him", rather people who he still trusts to carry out his orders (Noppadon, Yingluck, Chalerm or the late Samak before-their-fall ?), but IMO his management-style was always more top-down rather than consensual. Which fits with what I perceive to be normal Asian business-management.

And back in 2008, he did actually return to Thailand, so "Thaksin would never return to Thailand" is also perhaps mistaken, there was no chaos on the streets then and everything did not go "back to square one" as you suggest.

What's different now, it's a decade since he was ejected in 2006, and his influence/memory is slowly fading, especially after three Thaksinista-governments along the way & the rice-cock-up ?

Your last three lines are sadly proving to be true, another wasted opportunity for the country to advance, much like the later years of Thaksin's own premiership.

And.....so what......

Posting links to published facts is not clutching at straws, it's an attempt to achieve a more balanced overall picture, and why should I "Be careful of the shards" ?blink.png

I do believe that he sets strategy, and may well sometimes meet with any lobbyists he engages, how else would he take advice from them, on his own or others' behalf ? Although he sometimes blames 'bad advice' for his errors of judgement.

I don't think he has many high-level assistants or deputies who "do it all for him", rather people who he still trusts to carry out his orders (Noppadon, Yingluck, Chalerm or the late Samak before-their-fall ?), but IMO his management-style was always more top-down rather than consensual. Which fits with what I perceive to be normal Asian business-management.

And back in 2008, he did actually return to Thailand, so "Thaksin would never return to Thailand" is also perhaps mistaken, there was no chaos on the streets then and everything did not go "back to square one" as you suggest.

What's different now, it's a decade since he was ejected in 2006, and his influence/memory is slowly fading, especially after three Thaksinista-governments along the way & the rice-cock-up ?

Your last three lines are sadly proving to be true, another wasted opportunity for the country to advance, much like the later years of Thaksin's own premiership.

Ricardo, the facts are that EVERYONE including the Junta knew Thaksin was using Amsterdam, so it's no secret, ALL of the information with regards to the US Lobbying firms is also there in the public, and to the ammounts, I myself have an accountant on a retainer, he doesn't do any work for me, it's no different here.

The Junta don't have any secret information, this coming from a country where it has bullshitted this on more than one occasion too, did you forget they actually accused foreign Intelligence agencies for some of the paltry attacks last years, Siam Paragon pipe bombs being one of them? How many Ambassadors were thrown out for their Intelligence agencies dastardly work?

They also said they had proof with regards to the Samui VBIED, we're still waiting on that..

This is the same Junta that has allowed 2 Uihigur's on the watch list to enter the Kingdom.. TWICE and still doesn't know there whereabouts, come on, try thinking outside of the box, and stop believing everything they're spoon feeding you.

Given Thaksins money, IF he really wanted to cause chaos in the country, he could do so, easily, all it would take is some strategic attacks, or to start hitting high ranking military personnel, people seem to forget, this is a man who had no trouble whatsoever in extrajudicial killings of drug smugglers, so taking out a few senior Junta people, is quite within his grasp.

Think about it, if Thaksin trully wanted to destabilise the country, he could so easily.

But with 98.8 % popularity, what's the Junta so afraid of? ;)