Thunderstorms affect many areas in Thailand

webfact

Thunderstorms affect many areas in Thailand

BANGKOK, 26 April 2016 (NNT) – Many provinces in Thailand have been affected by the tropical thunderstorms, while 27 provinces remains classified as drought disaster zones, says DDPM.

The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation’s (DDPM) Director-General Chatchai Promlert has revealed that 456 villages in 102 districts of 24 provinces have been affected from the tropical thunderstorms that occurred during 18-21 April 2016.

DDPM officials are now appointed to survey for damages and provide help to the affected individuals by distributing consumption items and provide maintenance material for the affected houses. The affected public will be granted with allowances according to the damage within the Ministry of Finance’s regulations.

On the drought situation, 27 provinces have been declared as drought disaster areas, while officials are now working to supply water to the affected public as a form of relief aid.

It is expected that Thailand will enter the rainy season during late May, with the precipitation level expected to be close to the same amount as last year. However, there is also a risk that the country could face a period deprived from rainfall during June to July 2016.

All sides have been reminded to conserve water use, for consumption and environmental preservation, for the time being.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-04-26 footer_n.gif

I reckon there will not be serious rain until July like last year,and these high temps will last until then,even though El nino is decaying it is doing so slower than predicted,from what i can understand on weatherunderground there is also a 'linger' effect,that will impact SE Asia,so it may be that we see a much reduced wet season,if this occurs the ramifications could be dire indeed.

This is like a weather report in the old days ... you old timers will remember with a smile. "There may be a bit of rain here and there in the south while we may expect patches of sun in the Midlands and possible snow flurries in Scotland."

When the rains come perhaps we should be more worried by "what kind" of rain it is, rather than if its enough.

Last year the bees in the area I live in were wiped out despite a few repeated attempts at come back: many trees were affected by mold.

As for what happens to all that water once it hits the ground - I am sure it will be just like always - flooding or lost !