Fisho Products

gung_ho

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Gung Ho...

I dig fisho myslef. It's tasty, and I like it alot better than say, dried shredded squid snacks. THe flavor's just better. That being said, it's a long time since I ate a pack or looked at any of the nutritionals. If they're not on the pack, it's too bad. Some day the Thai laws will require this sort of stuff surely, especially as their diet gets more n more processed n unnnatural and they try to track fat, salt, and additives like we do. I do know that FISHO has alot of filler in the form of Peuak, or taro. I think that helps cut costs for them, and keeps the fishiness to a minimum. Taro is carb however, and so that would cut the protein ratio.

Really though, I think this may be your calling, you need to find someone good with THai and ENglish, have them call FISHO for you and speak to someone with the answers !! Hey, if you point out that the info goes on the forum where people read it = advertising of its wholesomeness, maybe you'll get the answers you're looking for. You've got me curious now too.

And I'm sure the phone tag that will result, being passed up the chain of command will make for an exicting day's activity. That alone will be a story worth telling.

GooD Luck !

Just took a look with a product "Taro" (same same but different??) at the minimart on the ground floor and wrote down

(i'm using the nutrition facts's pattern from other link)

Taro BBQ Flavoured

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 20g

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amount per Serving 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calories 70 kcal

% Daily Value

Total Fat 0g 0%

Cholesterol 5 mg 2%

Protein 5 g

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Carbohydrates 11 g 4%

Sugars 4 g

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sodium 560 mg 23%

Taro -Spicy Flavoured

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 20g

Amount per Serving 1

Calories 70 kcal

% Daily Value

Total 0 Fat 0%

Cholesterol 5mg 2%

Protein 5g

Total Carbohydrates 11 g 4%

Sugars 5 g

Sodium 590mg 25%

Taro - Hot Chilli Flavoured

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 20g

Amount per Serving 1

Calories 70kcal

% Daily Value

Total Fat 0g 0%

Cholesterol <5 mg 1%

Protein 5g

Total Carbohydrates 11g 4%

Sugars 4g

Sodium 600mg 25%

unluckily ,in the shop does not have "FISHO" and also the Original Flavoured of Taro does not have any Nutrition facts 's tag.

Anyway I hope you get some idea

Edited by BambinA