Visa Agency`s

dirtyrider

Hi, want to get my G-F a visitors visa, now a visa office(won`t name names) half way up beach road says they can get a visa to the u.k for 45,000 bht or money back, do you think i could trust them to give the money back.??????? :o

dirtyrider,

don't do it mate, the embassy will tell you themselves that visa offices do not guarantee a successful application.

i've done it once and was successful, all you basically need is -

for you

financial info, job info, address, references, rental/ ownership proof in thailand, etc

for her,

basically they just want to know 100% that she will return to thailand, also family papers, bank account statements, job references, proof of your relationship together.

there's nothing wrong in people helping you get references etc, but there is no 100% guarantee on visa shops. also there's no way you'll get 100% refund.

a visa application costs around 3000bht at the embassy, thats all you pay,

get all the papers and evidence you can, copy everything 3 times to be safe, and go to the embassy.

pm me if want maybe i can give you advice.

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/F...d=1065714374339

dirtyrider,

DO NOT BELIEVE THEM. My sister-in-law is currently dealing with one agency for a UK fiancee visa. Was quoted Bt45000 guranteed. When they spoke to the agency, it turns out that it is Bt45000 less expenses. Which is an issue, because suddenly they are not guaranteeing the visa. They still went with the agency and in the last 3 months the bill has gone from Bt45000 to about Bt70000 and she still hasn't had the interview yet.

Stay away from them. As Dave said, it isn't hard you just need to be thorough with your documentation.

One more thing to consider, I am not sure if you are planning on travelling with your gf, but the visa dosen't guarantee she will get entry into Britain. The immigration at Heathrow/Gatwick will ask her more questions and if she doesn't convince them of her sincerity to visit (and leave), she will be put on a plane back to Thailand. So I would suggest you travel with her and then you can help ease the situation when you arrive.

France, Germany and other EU countries are easier than UK. Don't know why - it's easy to get in UK if you are from Afghanistan or somewhere, without any possibility that you will return to your country of origin, but for a Thai girl to get through the BKK Consulate process is almost impossible, if she does not have solid assets (business, house or similar) in Thailand.

Do all the fighting yourself, dress well, be respectful to these sh1theads in the Consulate and make sure you have all documentation correct.

I have thought previously of taking g/f (or several) to France or Germany for vacation, then doing the application for UK from there. Supposed to be easier. But now that I'm married I don't have the same problems.

Hi, want to get my G-F a visitors visa, now a visa office(won`t name names) half way up beach road says they can get a visa to the u.k for 45,000 bht or money back, do you think i could trust them to give the money back.??????? :o

Absolutely not. Shady as sh*t :D

Thanks guys, it was my gf who said do not do it, now you have made my mind up.

I`m not in a position to travel at the moment.

She was a bar girl in Pattaya and her family own a farm somewhere.

What evidence could she get to prove that she will return to Thailand?

How about a letter from the apartments where we live to say that it is paid for for the next 6 months?

I`m in some bother with the cops over here in England at the moment(which i`m inocent) and they have taken my passport off me, or i would be there now! :o