Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau poised to attract "quality" tourist arrivals

webfact

TCEB poised to attract "quality" tourist arrivals

BANGKOK, 27 April 2016 (NNT) - In a move to boost the number of "quality" tourists, the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) is preparing to seek Cabinet approval of its plan to restructure its duties.

Apart from being the coordinator for Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Exhibitions (MICE), TCEB has also planned to expand its role to act as the representative for MICE-related organizations and the official facilitator for MICE travelers.

According to TCEB Chairman Weerasak Kowsurat, the bureau is preparing to seek Cabinet approval for legal amendments so that it can go ahead with its plan.

TCEB aims to expedite MICE-related visa applications, by shouldering some of the administration work on behalf of local agencies. These operations include signing MOUs and customs inspections of MICE goods.

Mr. Weerasak explained that the idea is to make Thailand become the first country in Asia to issue visas related to MICE, healthcare tourism, and filmmaking, in a bid to attract "quality" tourists.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-04-27 footer_n.gif

Quality tourists who will come to witness the quality driving, view the quality rubbish strewn beaches and back Sois, meet quality lady boy muggers, quality scamsters and of course quality toilets where you fold your poop scrapings off your hoop in 1 ply paper and then leave it in a plastic bin.

Mmmm strange, that reminds me that the only place I saw such quality before (Except the lady boys) was in the Middle East, Africa and China....never Northern Europe or North America.....

The whole quality tourist thing and the notion that Thailand should rid its "cheap destination" image is laughable. I have yet to see them even construct a highway properly, to use a basic example. And moving right on you have immigration, traffic and public transportation, service in hotels restaurants etc etc etc and so forth. A first class destination requires first class amenities. You cant eat the cake before you've baked it.

Good luck waiting at piss poor passport control at Bangkok airport ! With less than 40% of passport control booths staffed 'quality tourists' will never return to be subjected to bureaucratic abuse. Standing in line for an hour is shit. First impression are what you think!

The sods just haven't got a clue why people turn their backs on the Kingdom. They're just too full of themselves to see they're full of crap with their scams, littering, dual pricing, corruption and overall ignorance. There is no cure for cure stupid.

They want to attract MICE. wai2.gifcheesy.gif

Is been back in the UK for nearly 15 months and driving into Khon Kaen I saw a big banned which I thought said Khon Kaen mice city. I had another look to be sure I hadn't misread it. In the end I had to look it up. Might have been clearer if it had been in upper case of course.