Water Pump - Where to buy parts?

menzies233

I have one of those centrifugal well pumps, runs on about a 1.5HP 240v Motor.

The motor is fine but the impeller seems to be shot, it is supposed to deliver about 350 litres / min. it will be lucky to get close to 1/4 of that these days.

Is it possible to just buy the pump / impeller side of the pump as the motor is fine?

Any ideas if they can be bought separate? It is obviously a "quality" pump, as the Thais / Chinese have branded it with an Italian name.....Paganini or something like that as we all know Italians make the finest pumps??????

Cheers.

Your local pump shop should be able to order parts.

Post a photo of the pump and close-up of the nameplate along with your location for more directed replies.

Moving to DIY.

Thanks, I'll get a photo later. I just wasn't sure if you could buy the pump end that bolts on to the motor as a separate assembly. (as most of the local shops just want to sell the complete pump, motor and everything - I had the motor rewound a couple of years back and it is fine, don't need another motor)

Edited by menzies233

post-242885-0-03109800-1461842968_thumb.post-242885-0-72942100-1461843014_thumb.

OK, sadly the "original" Italiano name plate has gone, but it is a 2 inch in and 2 inch out, I believe 1.5HP. All I want is the pump section that can be bolted to the motor, any ideas? Can they be bought separately?

As you can see it is quite an old style pump, the actual impeller is huge compared to the ones available today, but it has been a really reliable machine and I would like to repair it rather than replace. (Location is Chiang Mai)

Edited by menzies233

That's a self primer.

Have you had it apart, it may just be bunged up with stuff, or the seals gone?

We have a very similar unit attached to a gasoline engine. Your local farm supplier should be able to come up with the bits or a replacement pump head.