Where Can I Go To Play Billiards/snooker?

austallia_1980

Au 1980, you've done well since this afternoon ain't you pal? If theres a 'where to find a good girl in 8 hours' thread we'll be sure to give you a shout.

Give the guy a break - he asked a very simple question, which you misread.

Give me a break, I was joking. :D

Yep, did misread his post though. I was under the impression he was looking for a girl, I think I got the idea from some other thread the other day. Perhaps just easily confused. :o

So did the OP go out and play pool, snooker or billiards last night?

Yes, I too have to admit that I (quite wrongly, as it transpires) took the OP's OP on face value and so I humbly apologize.

So, did the OP's "good girl" get to to show her prowess at stroking a few middle class balls...? :D

For middle class snooker halls, Bangkok is absolutely hooching with 'em. About as hard as finding a karaoke bar.

Can you make any specific recommendations? I've looked extensively for decent pool halls in Bangkok and haven't had much luck.

I did understand the OP's request, in that he was looking for a reasonable place to go to play pool with his friend. Hence I recommended The Ball in Hand. I can't vouch for the "goodness" or "badness" or the socioeconomic levels of the staff or clientele, but I think it is about the nicest pool hall (environment, equipment, location, price) I've seen in Bangkok. The female wait-staff are, for the most part, good players based on my observations. I have not been there in ~ 3 months.

Nowhere specific. I used to just look for "Rooks" signs in my snooker playing days, but never found it difficult to find a hall by just asking the nearest motocyc driver "Tee nai bai len snook-ker, na khrap?" and within a few minutes be delivered to a hall. If it looked too smokey or divey, then I'd give it a miss, but usually one could find VIP rooms for a few baht more and escape the riff-raff. But that was a few years ago, say 10. These days I just shoot the occasional game of pool somewhere along Sukhumvit when down in the Mango. :o