Number Of Expats In Thailand

smilingfarang

Hi everybody

Does anybody know where I can find out how many expats are living in Thailand (ideally by nationality)? I couldn't even find some official figures, let alone guesstimates how many expats are really living in Thailand.

Thanks for you help

Uncounted Quasi-Resident

Hi everybody

Does anybody know where I can find out how many expats are living in Thailand (ideally by nationality)? I couldn't even find some official figures, let alone guesstimates how many expats are really living in Thailand.

Thanks for you help

Uncounted Quasi-Resident

I'm one but why do you want to know?

Don't think somebody can really tell. For many nationals there is no legal neccessiity to register with their embassies.

Immigration-office would know only those with long time visa, but not the 'tourists'.

Don't think somebody can really tell. For many nationals there is no legal neccessiity to register with their embassies.

Immigration-office would know only those with long time visa, but not the 'tourists'.

You are absolutely correct Axel. The authorities in Thailand haven't got the slightest idea about real numbers

You are absolutely correct Axel. The authorities in Thailand haven't got the slightest idea about real numbers

I disagree, it seems to me it would be a pretty simple query of the database to figure out people that are here on consecutive tourist visas or 30 entry stamps.

TH

When you enter the country your passport is punched into the computer. Assume this goes to a nation-wide database. When you leave your passport number is punched into a computer. Assume this deletes your entry entry (if you know what I mean). But this simple method would not identify any visa-runners, only give the total number of people who have legally entered the country and not yet left.

More sophisticated systems are undoubtedly available and probably can be bought very cheaply in Phanthip Plaza :o

When you leave your passport number is punched into a computer. Assume this deletes your entry entry (if you know what I mean).

:o

I doubt it deletes the entry (or record), more likely there is column for entry and exit. I don't think the different entry points are hooked up in a "real time" network, but I would be very surprised if there is not a central database compiled periodicly, that has every entry and exit.

TAT gets its data from somewhere

TAT Statistics

TH