peaceful quiet village life sometimes

callaway

My wife goes to the local temple which is about 1200 meters away and they ask if we had a party last night, she said no that's my husband listening to his music and having a beer. My 19 yr old stepson asks me to turn it down sometimes but Aussie rock needs to be played loud.

My late father was like that. Always had the TV turned up so f...n loud.

Miserable git wouldn't buy a hearing aid until he turned 65 and got one on the pension.

No more shouting, no more loud TV! Thank gawd he didn't like Triple J!

Steve mate: have you had your hearing checked? If a 19yo says it's too loud - it's too loud! wai2.gif

Yes mate I've had my hearing checked and I'm not ready for hearing aids yet lol. I think he whines because it inter fears with him watching tv and playing his games.

My wife goes to the local temple which is about 1200 meters away and they ask if we had a party last night, she said no that's my husband listening to his music and having a beer. My 19 yr old stepson asks me to turn it down sometimes but Aussie rock needs to be played loud.

If Aussie Rock needs to be played loud, then you need to invest in a set of Head Phones. You are just being inconsiderate and taking away peoples right to quiet enjoyment.

If you think for a second that any person likes to listen to your blaring music every time you do, you are dead wrong. No more then you want to listen to a guy driving by your place and parking outside at 2 am, with his muffler taken off of his motor bike. Or a Karaoke Bar outside your front door.

You do not live in the Desert. You live with people around you. If you respect other peoples rights they will respect you for that. If you don't, they won't either. Time to grow out of those Teenage Years. Nobody likes your loud music except you, and that is a fact and just plain selfishness on your part, in my honest opinion.

If Aussie Rock needs to be played loud, then you need to invest in a set of Head Phones. You are just being inconsiderate and taking away peoples right to quiet enjoyment.

If you think for a second that any person likes to listen to your blaring music every time you do, you are dead wrong. No more then you want to listen to a guy driving by your place and parking outside at 2 am, with his muffler taken off of his motor bike. Or a Karaoke Bar outside your front door.

You do not live in the Desert. You live with people around you. If you respect other peoples rights they will respect you for that. If you don't, they won't either. Time to grow out of those Teenage Years. Nobody likes your loud music except you, and that is a fact and just plain selfishness on your part, in my honest opinion.

That is exactly what i am thinking each time I ear these horrible music coming from their huge speakers, playing so loud that I don't undertand how they ears can support that !

It looks like nobody care about neighbours when they "celebrate", but they celebrate so often that it's sometimes a problem here.

Great attitude callaway.

Many perfect previous and future nights to remember and enjoy.

The good to come out of your tough night is that you now have a few more people laughing at it all with you.

Hope it doesn't happen too often.

Make note to self... Buy earplugs.

when heading to Thailand always buy about 3 boxes

Just pack up and go for a weekend away! Now the Aussie that blasts music, sounds like he's been converted to Thai Culture and is no better than his Thai neighbors!

or just as good as his Thai neighbours.

the wife's village has the phantom cable cutter.

every month, 2,3,4 tannoy have the cable cut, puu yai baan sends out some boys to fix them.

the cutter swaps each time, except for one, the one outside the puu yai baan's house is always cut.

they can't catch him.

village hero

every month, 2,3,4 tannoy have the cable cut, puu yai baan sends out some boys to fix them.

the cutter swaps each time, except for one, the one outside the puu yai baan's house is always cut.

they can't catch him.

village hero

Excellent !!

they can't catch him.

village hero

Excellent !!

Send him to my village... I will pay big money!!!

That is exactly what i am thinking each time I ear these horrible music coming from their huge speakers, playing so loud that I don't undertand how they ears can support that !

It looks like nobody care about neighbours when they "celebrate", but they celebrate so often that it's sometimes a problem here.

If you live in a place like Pattaya, I can understand your complaint. I lived there for years but yet couldn't find a place that was completely quiet and away from the loud late night music. If you did find one, a new bar was soon to pop up.

I live in a village now and it is not near as bad. Apart from the odd wedding or funeral it is extremely quiet here. Considering that in Thailand they don't have wedding halls where people can go and drink and dance the night away to celebrate, they do this at home. Most times it is one or at the most 2 weekends per month. The rest of the time it is quiet. Most people are in bed here by 9 at night. Including me!

My biggest beef isn't with my Thai Neighbors but rather those small trucks loaded with speakers and coming around early in the morning to blast and advertise some crap. They do that in the city to. I wish they would outlaw them all together, or at least set strict times in which they can do this. They to me are the most annoying.

Kylie? or Rolf?

I also live in country side.. it's really noisy too, the birds always bothering people here.. that is why they push the volume higher so everybody can listen well to the village speakers all around.. argg bad bad birds !! and bad dogs too ^^

honestly, I feel ok here, got used to, specially since the father in law ask the mayor to move the closest speaker to another soi.. it's still noisy but acceptable now ! Otherwise I think I'll also use ninja cutting cable techniques like someone explained here :P

Kylie? or Rolf?
Cold chisel, Jimmy Barnes, ACDC