Finishing a job and leaving Thailand - Action required?

I'm finishing my job the end of July and returning time. My non B expires on July 31st.

Do I just leave Thailand the day of expiry, or do I need to report to immigration to get it cancelled???

Maybe a strange question but I had heard if you leave Thailand on a Non B and don't intend on returning you must visit immigration and have the visa cancelled.

Go to the local tax departpent and make sure that you've got a form with you at the airport.

If you've got a work permit, you'll have to cancle it before you're leaving. If the local Immigration isn't that far away drive by and it might be done in a sec.

Go to the local tax departpent and make sure that you've got a form with you at the airport.

If you've got a work permit, you'll have to cancle it before you're leaving. If the local Immigration isn't that far away drive by and it might be done in a sec.

NO "tax form" is required at the airport !

Where did you get that piece of totally misleading and incorrect information ?

johnatong. the tax form thing was a requirement about 10 years ago.

23 years, if I remember correctly. The old tax clearance certificate was a bain, requiring a visit to the tax office before each departure, and I was so glad when they got rid of it.

I am aware of what was once required !

A "tax form" is no longer a requirement and has not been for many years.

I've got a work permit that expires the same say as my non B, July 31st.

Where would I get this cancelled in Bangkok, if it is needed?

I've got a work permit that expires the same say as my non B, July 31st.

Where would I get this cancelled in Bangkok, if it is needed?

What date does your employment finish. Is it July 31st too?

I really wonder if it's necessary to do anything, given that everything expires on the date your leaving, doesn't the WP just, well, automatically expire. Hopefully, someone on this forum can better advise. To cancel you'd need a letter from your employer confirming the date of termination, you'd take this to ChaengWattana (for BKK), or whatever immigration office is relevant to the place of work specified by your work permit. I don't see what they're going to stamp in your passport though - expires 31/7, cancelled 31/7, doesn't make sense does it. I think these rules were designed for people who leave employment before expiration.

I really wonder if it's necessary to do anything, given that everything expires on the date your leaving, doesn't the WP just, well, automatically expire. Hopefully, someone on this forum can better advise. To cancel you'd need a letter from your employer confirming the date of termination, you'd take this to ChaengWattana (for BKK), or whatever immigration office is relevant to the place of work specified by your work permit. I don't see what they're going to stamp in your passport though - expires 31/7, cancelled 31/7, doesn't make sense does it. I think these rules were designed for people who leave employment before expiration.

I really don't think it should be necessary to do anything. But this is Thailand, and I don't want to be at the airport a couple of hours before my flight and be told I need to go cancel my work permit. That would suck big time and cost me a lot of money by way of a missed flight.

It is probably safest to get a Thai person to ring immigration and work permit office before I go.

I flew out of Don Muang on Saturday, the last day my contract, WP and extension expired. Impossible to cancel the WP and extension because I was still employed until the very end. I was stamped out no problems

Edited by Jay1
  • Like 1