Any other Sym GTS300 owners?

I just bought a Sym GTS300 as an upgrade from the PCX which was just too light and under-powered for even occasional touring. I think I did my homework, and chose the 300 for it's filtering ability in congested city traffic where it will spend most of its time. I would like to do some touring on it and wondered if other owners could share their impressions.

Got a few questions

Where did you even find a seller?

Why didn't you get a Forza300?

--------------------

The more important question is, I think, where will you find a buyer should you ever want to sell it?

Edited by Thailaw

I bought it at Mityon at 3rd Rd/Pattaya Thai. The 300 and 400's are in stock there and, wonders of wonders, you can even sit on one.

I've owned many Hondas and can see the quality is fading. The comparison tests give higher marks to the Sym too. Time will tell but I can say that each ride is more enjoyable than the last!

Hello There i owne one abouth 3 years ,and have abouth 25000kms and no problem ,i ride in Belgium ,and never ever had a problem ,change every 3000kms oil exetera and ride ,fuel consum abouth 3l 100km ,and ride easy on the hyway abouth 160kmh lots of storage under seat ,here in Belgium they sel good ,they are nr1, honda forza too expensive ,

• 1 month later...

Just a short update on the Sym. My wife and I rode it to Khanchantaburi to visit Kwai River tourist sites. It handled the ride with ease, even through the Bangkok traffic, and the seat was very comfortable.I had to add a small convex mirror to each side mirror to improve the rear view for safety reasons. I kept having to fold my arms down and lean out to see around my shoulders. The tiny mirrors correct the visibility issue.

Filtering in Bangkok is not for the faint of heart. I folded the left mirror and followed anywhere the 125's could go. I give it high marks for this trip.

Another trip from Pattaya to Chiang Rai is on the planning table now. Rain could prolong the travel time, but, hey, I'm retired!!