Locals just can't get enough of delicious ants eggs!

webfact

Lots of us farangs like rotten milk (cheese).

You obviously don't know what cheese is, it's certainly not "rotten milk", neither is it made from it.

Thai people I know think cheese is discussing.

They say it is only chilled, spoiled cow fat.

They are correct.

but i like it!

I have eaten the ant eggs soup, maybe it was just everything else in it that made it good but I really liked it. It kind of reminded me of Campbells Beef Barley Soup.

Except, the Campbell's soup, notorious for exceptionally high sodium levels, most likely had less sodium, sugar, trans and saturated fat, and contaminants than the Thai soup you consumed. Campbell's at least has hygiene and quality standards, something which I believe the Thai domestic food and hospitality industry could learn from.

Written like a true Tesco / Lotus and 7 Eleven processed food lover!

Most Thai food seems to be pretty healthy.

I see and know many strong healthy hard working old Thai people,

It's not so in America where I come from.

Obesity in Thais was almost unheard of until western food became part of their diet.

I will stick with the local, home prepared food here, thank you!

Just beware the ingredients from BigC, Lotus, etc. If it's all straight from the farm, great, otherwise it's all already laced with MSG, preservatives and what not.

On the commercial side, it's somewhat rare to find a Thai restaurant that uses real herbs, fresh ingredients and clean cookware. Especially the use of herbs seems to be becoming a lost art, a true pity.

I have eaten the ant eggs soup, maybe it was just everything else in it that made it good but I really liked it. It kind of reminded me of Campbells Beef Barley Soup.

Except, the Campbell's soup, notorious for exceptionally high sodium levels, most likely had less sodium, sugar, trans and saturated fat, and contaminants than the Thai soup you consumed. Campbell's at least has hygiene and quality standards, something which I believe the Thai domestic food and hospitality industry could learn from.

Written like a true Tesco / Lotus and 7 Eleven processed food lover!

Most Thai food seems to be pretty healthy.

I see and know many strong healthy hard working old Thai people,

It's not so in America where I come from.

Obesity in Thais was almost unheard of until western food became part of their diet.

Obesity may have something to do with a high sugar, high fat Thai food diet, eating more than 3 square meals a day and multiple snacks in between.

Elderly Thais used to eat meals consisting mainly of rice with a small amount of fatty meat. Nowadays the proportion of meat is generally higher in their meals, but it is still the same fatty meat. So they are eating a lot more fat.

For somebody living in Isaan all they cost is a bit of time and a few bites.

In the area that I live it is no longer viable. Locals selling these ant eggs have been arrested . And been fined seven thousand baht for interfering with NATURE bye army officers. Be warned.