Billbb Bailey's Bar.

thelegend

Friend and I arriving at new airport 4 hours apart. At Don Meung used to be a good boozer called Bill Bailey's....are they also at new airport....or can anyone recommend a good watering hole to fill in the waiting time. BB's Pauliner Big beers have me salavating from here.

Good point, are there any boozers in the new airport??

Sure didn't spot any decent Singha sipping spots on my recon this past Thursday. Did, tho, see Singha for baht 50 (!!!) at the open snack kiosks at Arrivals in front of Gate C. There's also seating in that area so give it a shot. Probably a whole lot less expensive, if without the "atmosphere" of the semi fancy restaurant up above Departures or the eateries on the Mall level. What the hel_l, after a 6-pack, you won't care anyway.

Mac

On airside Yes but on the land bit ie before Check In ....NO.

Couple of expensive coffeeshops (dont go to the one up top ...peng MAKK)and familymart type stalls /places but nothing like the old Bill Baillys or the German Boozer at D. M.

Cheapest place for food is on the RHS at the bottom level next to the express bus ticket desk (not the train station ...its not open yet)called Magic Food but not sure if they sell beer....for the workers but you can use it... :o

Actually the best boozer (IMHO) is a little difficult to find.

Upon entering the departures area turn left at the big statue. Walk towards the King Power Thai pavillion which is located at an intersection of paths bordered by various shops selling the usual duty free fare. At this point, look left and you will see 'Boots'.

A bit beyond 'Boots', at the end of the same path, on the right hand side (just pass a massage place) is a stylish little Bar with a large airconditioned smoking room. Great comfy seats and reasonable food too. Prices are the usual airport premium rates though.

I can't remember the name for the life of me and its in arguably the worse location in the airport, but I'll definitely be revisiting this place next time I fly.

Edited by quiksilva

any bars /restaurants worth noting in domestic departures?

Only ever used the Royal O Lounge.. again....quite nice.. but in Domestic NO BOOZE...Mai P rai... :D

whaaaaaaatttttttttt you can't get a bootle of brew in domestic.but i'm gonna be stuck there for 3 hours on tuesday :o