Chinese Tourist Robbed of Gold Necklace on Second Road Pattaya

rooster59

Chinese Tourist Robbed of Gold Necklace on Second Road Pattaya

Albert Jack

post-247607-0-19617000-1462602708_thumb.

PATTAYA: In the early hours of Saturday May 7th Pattaya Tourist Police were called to an incident on Second Road after reports that a Chinese tourist had been mugged. The victim, 28-year-old Mr Song Hu, reported to Deputy Inspector Temtrong Rodsiri that a motorcyclist pulled alongside him as he walked past the Sabai Room Massage Parlour and snatched a gold chain from around his neck said to be valued at Baht 50,000.

Witnesses say the young thief was wearing a black shirt and a black full-face crash helmet and so no formal identification could be made. During the theft the gold necklace broke in half with one part dropping to the ground whilst the motorcyclist sped off with the other.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/223965/chinese-tourist-robbed-gold-necklace-second-road-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-05-07

One wonders if he had just left the massage establishment mentioned and the girl had called her "brother" to tell him of the Chinese tourist with a ton and a half of gold around his neck that was about to walk into the street. coffee1.gif

When will tourists learn that they shouldn't walk around with 50000 baht necklaces around their necks?

Do they not read a single article with safety advisories before traveling?

It's amazing. People wear shorts, flip flops, wife beaters or t-shirts designed for people half their age and then stick on, seemingly, very expensive gold chains.

What is it, the gangster, rich playboy look or something?

Thanks to the professional finger pointing I was able to discern the gold chain.

IMHO it is a relatively well poised point, the finger gracefully bent outwards, and the rest of the hand discretely folded... I also like the straight arm to finger alignment... Excellent technique!

My only slight criticism is in the poor face position relative to the rather masterful point.

In general, I also prefer a pointer to be surrounded by smiling policemen and a downtrodden suspect. It all adds vibrancy to the composition.....

I would give it a 7/10.

What do you think?

Edited by eddie61

When will tourists learn that they shouldn't walk around with 50000 baht necklaces around their necks?

It's amazing. People wear shorts, flip flops, wife beaters or t-shirts designed for people half their age and then stick on, seemingly, very expensive gold chains.

What is it, the gangster, rich playboy look or something?

I think it started with that 'Gangdumb Style' guy.

Wear them by all means but keep them covered up so no one can see it

PattayaONE should do a tabular summary (daily or weekly).

Today:

1 Korean, 75000 Baht http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/915541-korean-tourist-involved-in-pattaya-gold-necklace-snatch/

1 Chinese, 50000 Baht

anyone else?

Agreed - anything to reduce the drivel that Thai Visa churns out on a daily basis and we have to hoof through to find anything worth looking at!

[Yes I did open the thread, but only to find out if there was seriously anyone who bothers to read this repetitive cr@p about petty crimes affecting falang or tourists. Was surprised 14 people had replied. OK Thai Visa - you are forgiven - obviously people want to read this stuff and I don't belittle a click-driven approach to a commercial operation like TV]