Tiger Air Carry-on Baggage

colcol

I am travelling to bangkok on tiger air and wonder if anyone has recent experience of how strictly they apply hand baggage rules ie maximum of 7 Kg. I also need to know if one can also carry a small camera bag and possibly a book. I have faxed tiger air but to date I have had no response.

I am travelling to bangkok on tiger air and wonder if anyone has recent experience of how strictly they apply hand baggage rules ie maximum of 7 Kg. I also need to know if one can also carry a small camera bag and possibly a book. I have faxed tiger air but to date I have had no response.

I had a bad experience with this early-October, traveling Singapore-Chiang Mai on Tiger Air. The check-in agent wanted to weigh my carry-on bag (9 kg). He actually made me offload two kilograms from this bag and add it to my checked bag. The flight was 35% full (generously) so it's not as though my extra two kilograms was going to make a bit of difference in the overhead bins. The agent who checked was a bit of a prick, I suppose it's alwas luck of the draw... :o

Tiger Airways would go where the other two budget carriers would not!

1. Tiger would weigh your luggage and charge you for excess baggage. That's how they (ala Singaporean-style) continue to make money. Once I saw a group of five people traveling together on Tiger were refused to have their luggage weighed together. Each was asked to identify and weigh his/her own luggage...and pay excess baggage separately.

2. On each and every Tiger flight, they will not hesitate to stop you from eating or drinking your bottled water! On one flight from BKK-SIN there were about 50 Chinese nationals in a group (who looked like first-time travelers) who ate their fried chicken and drank their own tea (in bottles)... the Tiger stewardesses frantically paced up and down the aisle and asked the Chinese to stop eating /drinking their own food! The Chinese just ignored the cabin crew who were exasperated!

So be warned!

• 1 year later...

traveled from perth to singapore /bkk two months ago

had to take out paper work out of brief case as it was 1kg over and put it in my carry on carry bag with 1shirt and 2 pairs of jeans as i have all my clothes here in thailand bag wieghed less than carry on. but brief case had my computer in it so would not send it as baggage

5 people from I dont know where were going to china and they had two heavy bags between them plus carry on two had to pay excess not only to singapore but to where they were going

cheap but you pay the extras plus you pay for your seat (if you are big you need a exit seat if not so big Arow is alright but I pity you if you get a regular seat on a long trip

if you want a beer then you pay top dollar they dont pay any tax on the drinks but you pay 5dollars per can

think twice

cheers

Tiger Airways would go where the other two budget carriers would not!

1. Tiger would weigh your luggage and charge you for excess baggage. That's how they (ala Singaporean-style) continue to make money. Once I saw a group of five people traveling together on Tiger were refused to have their luggage weighed together. Each was asked to identify and weigh his/her own luggage...and pay excess baggage separately.

2. On each and every Tiger flight, they will not hesitate to stop you from eating or drinking your bottled water! On one flight from BKK-SIN there were about 50 Chinese nationals in a group (who looked like first-time travelers) who ate their fried chicken and drank their own tea (in bottles)... the Tiger stewardesses frantically paced up and down the aisle and asked the Chinese to stop eating /drinking their own food! The Chinese just ignored the cabin crew who were exasperated!

So be warned!

well thats the policy of all no-frills-airlines.

even the big airlines such as Emirates, Qatar, Gulf are EXTREMELY stingy and strict nowadays !

thanks god I knew that when flying Emirates on an intercontinental flight in early June.

I had 20,8 Kg and as a frequent flyer, they "genereously" accepted my completely overweight bag....

before it was my turn to check in, there where about 10-15 people in front of me. NOT EVEN ONE of them got their case checked-in. all of them had to leave the check-in counter and pay extra charges (and then thats about 30-40 Euro per Kilo !!! not just 5 SG-$ or so as with Tiger or AirAsia !!). I was the first passenger who got his baggage accepted by the ground staff.

we are still lucky over here in Asia ! in Europe and the US, no-frill-airlines charge for EVERYTHING. a credit-card-bookin costs 4 Euro (but only credit-card bookings are accepted). each piece of check-in luggage costs 7,50 Euro or even 15 € when not booked in advance...

and so on......

even the big US-Airlines start to charge for every checked-in luggage on domestic flights nowadays.