Bangkok Airport To Koh Chang (near Cambodia)

Potter

On the 21st of November I will need to travel from Bangkok airport to Koh Chang (near Cambodia). I had an offer for a taxi costing 3,000 baht. Only got 1 week of vacation, so interested in a solution that does not waste time. Thought of a taxi to Trat, find a hotel in Trat and then next morning find a way to get to Koh Chang.

1) What are the obtions, flights - taxis - bus?

2) How much am I suposed to pay?

Thanks

Potter :o

Some of this will depend on your arrival time.

You can find your way to Trat but you will lose time finding buses, taxis etc and you could pay more than you should.

I suggest heading to Pattaya and then on from there via any one of several companies that run minibuses to the KohChang ferry.

Pattaya is the eastern seaboard town best equipped with travel facilities.

If you get to Pattaya before noon go to KohChang travel on soi 11, they run regular services to the ferry, takes 2-3 hours and return trip is about 8-900 baht (you tell them your return date). Ferry is about 45 mins. Taxis waiting at the pier on the other side.

If you arrive airport late then overnight in Pty, book the trip for 7am hotel pickup the next morning.

FLY!!!..BKK to Trat...40 mins...approx 3,000 each way...If you've only got week why waste time on a bus???

Have a good trip :D

We will be 2 or 3 persons - gf and me and perhaps "father in law".

Used to live in Pattaya and do not miss the place. Will probably arrive BKK just before 1800, as being on a connecting flight from elsewhere in Thailand. Could easy wait in BKK hours before connecting flight.

Kind of like the idea of a taxi to Trat and sleeping overnight in Trat. I will be paying most expenses and flight for all people will be expensive for a person living most of the year in Thailand.

Thanks for all the advices :o

(getting back to BKK is always more easy).

I can understand your feeling about Pattaya...but if you arrive 1800h then you will take most of an hour for baggage etc

So a taxi to Trat will get you there close to midnight which means you will overnight there.

I still recommend 1.5 hrs to Pattaya, Intown Holiday Hotel for 700 baht on soi 11. Koh Chang Travel is right across the road so you can book your pickup for 7am the next morning. Then you can go out and enjoy a beer and a nice meal together.

This will get you to the ferry about 11am +/- and you will be on Koh Chang about 12-12:30.

Theres a bus from airport to Trat. If not a good connection go to Rayong. Stay overnight. Plenty of buses everyday from Rayong To Trat.

At Trat there are pickups going to the port to cross to the island.The drivers will find you . They hang around where the buses stop & leave when they have enough people.