Parents pay more for new school term opening next week

webfact

OMG. Thank Christ my parenting days are behind me.

The School Uniform and Text Book rort used to make me weep. Money for old rope. In Australia, the schools, on top of all the other rorts they pull, charge what they like to call a 'Voluntary Fee', on top of everything else. Often amounting to hundreds of dollars.

The only thing is, if you don't pay the so-called 'Voluntary Fee' your child (and you) face being ostracized, sent to coventry, publically humiliated, and even denied the use of school resources.

It is not easy when you are a 'struggling' young family. In any language.

My sympathies are with all parents. Hard times for many, this time of the year.

I not give my son learn English at school ,I teach him at home ,some of his friends learn English but not learn right. ,the teacher can't speak English,and 4 uniforms for 5 days ,unbelievable

Let me guess someone at the school is making money selling the uniforms just like they make money with fake fees and cafeterias and why the school admin drive Mercedes. Welcome to Thailand.

Paid 26.000 THB and 1600 for books and 2600 for uniforms. They called it English program, think it should been called Phillippine program.

Perhaps their mother or father should have paid, if it makes you moan.

Well I did pay for my son's semester (what is it you don't understand?), and was told that there will be native speaking Farangs as teachers and what we got was 2 Philippino girls as teachers, even the Scottish teacher he had before were easier to understand compared to the Philippino girls. Sadly education is all business and greed here.

I live in Pattaya, the baby is 1 year old so what are the basic costs for education for a child and what age does it start ?

Can start as early as age 2, costs between the order of ~10-300k per semester, from Thai to International, from 2-18 yr ranges. Info available on the web.

Paid 26.000 THB and 1600 for books and 2600 for uniforms. They called it English program, think it should been called Phillippine program.

Well I did pay for my son's semester (what is it you don't understand?), and was told that there will be native speaking Farangs as teachers and what we got was 2 Philippino girls as teachers, even the Scottish teacher he had before were easier to understand compared to the Philippino girls. Sadly education is all business and greed here.

Well are you going to ask for your money back or be the normal, "take or up the !£&@" farang and say nothing.

Well are you going to ask for your money back or be the normal, "take or up the !£&@" farang and say nothing.

If there was an alternative in this small town I would, but with only one school with an "English" program not much to do than complain to the school (and been here too long time to expect that I will get any refund from Thai people or companies). Will bring my son later to Malaysia or Singapore as a Thai education is just waste of time and money.

Most parent we know don't struggle at all........maybe at the govt schools but private schools in general are payed by grans and parents together.

I not give my son learn English at school ,I teach him at home ,some of his friends learn English but not learn right. ,the teacher can't speak English,and 4 uniforms for 5 days ,unbelievable[/quo

I understand that on Mondays they wear a yellow shirt for respect for the king which I think is good.

But all these other shirts On different days I don't get.

But in the school my elder kids go to they just have a uniform and 4/5 shirts a week is not a problem in a hot country

We had a new white shirt everyday in the UK and we were poor.

Also they go to school in their PE clothes and come home in them.

We put them in a bag changed done our exercise then showered and back into uniform to carry on with other classes then home.

It is called INFLATION !!!

Something the Thai government denies that it exists in Thailand.

Inflation is rampant at the moment in Thailand

Not just school fees but everyday essentials.

Loads feeling the pinch

Goods have become more expensive? Perhaps choosing Nike over Baja is the reason?

Your posting consistently gives the impression of looking down your nose at the Thai people.

Why do you do that?

Thinking this myself.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/916447-Gambling-addiction-rises-among-Thai-youths#entry10735362

Thais are different kinds of humans <deleted>

You seem very bitter towards Thai people and Thailand

Why be here and on a Thai relates forum?