Cable TV and Internet on Samui (Bangrak)

Hi all,

I am new to Koh Samui and will be here long term. I am looking for recommendations on internet and cable TV.

The obvious choice would be True. They have the channels we are lloking for but what is their internet like? (We are in Bangrak)

I have heard 3BB is the best internet provider....any comments?

Also, does anyone have a channel list for Samui Cable?

Sorry for all the questions but it is hard to find listings, pricing etc on the internet...

Cheers in advance!

BL

I have found 3 bb to be excellent ... their office is in front of Tesco Chawang,...

You'll need to pay a year up front, as a farang... they give you an 8% discount.

Samui cable has a few Channels in English, never seen quality to be very good...

IPTV is the way to go these days... some discussion on that here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/914526-iptv/

I Use Samui Cabte TV that provides 40+ or is it 60+ channels now – but if you fancy sport you shall head for a satelite (probably True, I'm not into TV sports).

I have good experience with TOT wired Internet, excellent and kind instant service, whilst I have extremely bad experience with 3B service (after they took over from TT&T). However, when reading Thai Visa-posts about ISP, it seems like some a good experience with one and bad with another, whilst for others it's just the opposite...whistling.gif

I am in Bangrak and have True and 3BB, True is pretty unusable, i.e. Downloads from Europe around 30kb/s, usually 10 to 20 times more on 3BB. So far I just kept True as a fallback because 3BB is offline a few minutes once in a while, so its quite comfortable if you can just change the wifi.

I also still have cable TV, but the quality is pretty poor, better go for streaming (streaming doesn´t work properly here with with True, too slow, but fine with 3BB)