Pint of beer a day could protect you from heart attacks, scientists say

Puccini

Pint of beer a day could protect you from heart attacks, scientists say
Researchers found drinking around 1.4 pints of beer a day could reduce the risk of heart diseases by around 25 per cent
Samuel Osborne @SamuelOsborne93 3 hours ago
A beer (or two) a day could protect from heart attacks, scientists suggest.
Italian researchers found drinking around 1.4 pints of beer a day could reduce the risk of heart diseases by around 25 per cent.
A metareview of 150 studies conducted by the Mediterranean Neurological Institute, Pozzilli, suggested up to two small 330ml cans of beer a day is unlikely to damage a person's health, The Times reports.
-- Independent 2016-05-11

I save up all my daily quotas for a Friday night.

Apparently, binge-drinking does not count:

Effects of moderate beer consumption on health and disease: A consensus document

Low-moderate (up to 1 drink per day in women, up to 2 in men), non-bingeing beer consumption, reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27118108

I save up all my daily quotas for a Friday night.

Apparently, binge-drinking does not count:

Effects of moderate beer consumption on health and disease: A consensus document

Low-moderate (up to 1 drink per day in women, up to 2 in men), non-bingeing beer consumption, reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27118108

I am well aware of that, it was a 'tongue in cheek' post. tongue.png

Can't wait...all the freaken drunks will

Love this news !!

Another quality reply lms, you really should write a book with all your anecdotes clap2.gif

I have note had a beer since last Friday, but will partake tomorrow, as usual, with my good friends.

does that class me as a 'freaken' drunk ?

If a person has a beer belly, no matter what size that person has a fatty liver and that is bad!

Most people today have a fatty liver!

Eventually a time will come when one has to take responsibility to control addictions, learn fasting and proper dieting, get periodic health checkups and lose weight.

Losing liver function is the end of a happy life.

The scientist may have been paid under the table by the beer companies for that content.

Every heavy drinker I have know aged twice as fast, had health, sexual and relationship problems.

In my opinion today, most content is misleading or spun for profit.

I have gotten so tired of hearing about how something, especially products on the market, can be surprisingly good for you.

Here's a fun and interesting study from John Oliver and his people:

Pretty good. But assuming this study has some merit...as well as this study on sexual frequency and prostate cancer....

http://www.harvardprostateknowledge.org/does-frequent-ejaculation-help-ward-off-prostate-cancer

....I must say that my lifestyle in Thailand is pretty darn healthy!

These are studies are generally utter nonsense, pick up by some media outlet and truncated into a misleading headline written by someone ill-equipped to understand their true meaning even if they were inclined to.

A beer (or two) a day could protect from heart attacks, scientists suggest.

Or

up to two small 330ml cans of beer a day is unlikely to damage a person's health.

So which is it?

Yeah,

But having sex with a hot girl negates all that.

Alcohol and hot girls both kill brain cells. It's just the mechanisms are different.

You being from the older generation, I know what killed your brain cells, but that was your choice.