Has This Evidence Ruined Our Chances?

Hi all,

Just thought i'd ask you guys if you could help.

My fiancee and I are just about to apply for a Fiancee visa to the UK. We have been gathering all our evidence up over a 3 month period and we have a great deal of good evidence, however today i received the letter i requested from my new employer confirming employment and salary, but it also states that my contract is for 6 months only. This is normal practice for my employer, initially a 6 month contract leading to a permanant position.

Will the fact that it states i only have a 6 month contract ruin any chances my fiancee and i have of getting this visa?

Thanks guys

John

Explain the situation to your employer and ask him to give a ('temporary') contract for a longer period which you will give back after you have your visa...

LaoPo

Already asked them today and they won't supply me with anything other than my current contract, or a letter stating my start date, length of contract and salary. Guess its gonna be a try it and see scenario

Thanks anyways guys

Maybe you have a better chance with a tourist Visa, rather than a Fiancee Visa ! Especially if it's the first time she travels to the UK.

I did the same (other EU country) because we both wanted to see if she could adapt the different life. After that we waited 4 months (and didn't see each other) for the proper Visa. We're happily married now :o

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

I have no idea about the UK, but in the US, a letter with proof of employment and a copy of one's tax return for the previous year would suffice. I think that most immigration offices only care that you can provide "now", and don't put much weight behind what will happen in 6 months, one year, or even ten years from now.

If I were in your position, I would not worry too much. Go ahead with your application.

Explain the situation in your sponsor's letter, together with your qualifications and employment prospects should this contract not be renewed.

It wont be a problem.

Does the UK allow for a co-sponsor? The US does.
Yes, a friend or family member can offer financial support and/or accommodation if necessary.

See Chapter 9 – The maintenance and accommodation requirements