SUV or pick truck with low fuel consumption ?

I have a 2015 Isuzu V Cross. It is a 3.0 liter with plenty of power and is 4X4. I just got back after a 1,300 kilometer road trip. I got 15.35 kpl. Even local driving I get better than 14 KPL. i think that's impressive for a 3.0 liter 4X4. Isuzu has been the fuel economy champ for many years. The new 2016 1.9 liter diesel is supposed to be the most efficient. I don't know about that but I am pleased with my 3.0 liter diesel.

Lost the logic in that statement

Sorry Ace, I should have expanded a little, but it was early and now it's late!

My comment was a response to IMHO's post.

Mitsubishi have been exposed having mislead consumers regarding fuel consumption claims of their vehicles.

This has been viewed as a very large scandal in Japan and caused the share price of Mitsubishi Motors to collapse.

Nissan bought a third of the Company last week for about 3 billion USD.

Carlos Goshn CEO Renault/Nissan will now start calling the shots.

I have a 2015 Isuzu V Cross. It is a 3.0 liter with plenty of power and is 4X4. I just got back after a 1,300 kilometer road trip. I got 15.35 kpl. Even local driving I get better than 14 KPL. i think that's impressive for a 3.0 liter 4X4. Isuzu has been the fuel economy champ for many years. The new 2016 1.9 liter diesel is supposed to be the most efficient. I don't know about that but I am pleased with my 3.0 liter diesel.

Gary ... I had one of the very first 3L V-Cross ... early 2012. km/l were impressive. Driving from Nonthaburi to Kanchanaburi, which we did many times, I used to get indicated quite a bit better than 16km/l in the first year or so. Then a relative bought one and I drove it ... wow I asked, why did it feel so much smoother than mine... EGR Blanked he said, so we did mine. And after that mine felt better as well but I noticed that I didn't see that 99km/l on deceleration, as often as before, and the fuel consumption was worse ... that was a surprise. The other thing that I noticed was that the engine took longer to warm up, because of no gas flow through the EGR cooler I suspected.

Kept it like that for about a year and then removed the blanks, but I never really got the indicated original km/l back, saw the 99km/l again though on deceleration . Very unfortunately I only started to use fuelly.com in about April 2014 so don't have any actual records before that. I never found that my actual km/l matched my indicated km/l.

In it's day it was impressive. The seats were more comfy than my EV...... As you say the new 1.9L should be a winner.

Edited by JAS21

Audi Q7 3 tdi

Q5 2tdi

Hi Ardo ... is that a conundrum ..

Its SUV?

Q7 3L tdi 140-160km/h near 8.5l/100km

with out aggressive acceleration

everest. fortuner (previous model) PJS(previous model)

if near simular style easy be 9.5-10L/km

Q7 3L tdi 60-90km/h on speed road(grany stylerolleyes.gif ) near 6l/100km even 5.7

Q5 2 tdi 100-120 kmh near 6L/km

with out aggressive acceleration

everest. fortuner near 7.5- 8whistling.gif

so i think Audi diesel SUV low fuel consumption..

wink.png

As mention by others - the personal driving style and the traffic situation have a high influence on the fuel consumption. Modern vehicles consumes generally less fuel (at the same power).

SUVs and pick-ups tend to be fuel guzzlers above a speed of 110 km/h.

Our average fuel consumption with the first gen Mazda CX-5 2.2 L Diesel was at 6.7 litres per 100 km (3 years, 55,000 kilometres). Wie uses the CX-5 around Hua Hin, with some trips to Bangkok or to our families in the north-east. My Thai wife and I try to drive smooth and seldom over 130 km/h.

We changed to the new face-lifted Mazda CX-5. It has no a fuel monitor, which helps to see the fuel consumption in different situations. On a smooth country-side drive (85 km/h, no high acceleration) I could achieve value just a little bit above 5 l/100 km. Highway trips with around 110/120 km/h are around 6.5 l/100km. City trips with a lot of stop-and-go can be up to 8.5 l/100 km.

Gary ... I had one of the very first 3L V-Cross ... early 2012. km/l were impressive. Driving from Nonthaburi to Kanchanaburi, which we did many times, I used to get indicated quite a bit better than 16km/l in the first year or so. Then a relative bought one and I drove it ... wow I asked, why did it feel so much smoother than mine... EGR Blanked he said, so we did mine. And after that mine felt better as well but I noticed that I didn't see that 99km/l on deceleration, as often as before, and the fuel consumption was worse ... that was a surprise. The other thing that I noticed was that the engine took longer to warm up, because of no gas flow through the EGR cooler I suspected.

Kept it like that for about a year and then removed the blanks, but I never really got the indicated original km/l back, saw the 99km/l again though on deceleration . Very unfortunately I only started to use fuelly.com in about April 2014 so don't have any actual records before that. I never found that my actual km/l matched my indicated km/l.

In it's day it was impressive. The seats were more comfy than my EV...... As you say the new 1.9L should be a winner.

The KPL computer is not very accurate. It always shows at least a KPL less than actual fill ups. It read 14.1 KPL when the fill up got 15.35. I guess it is not a big deal. At first I thought maybe they were not topping up the tank all the way but tank to tank has been consistent. I will ask the dealer if the computer is adjustable. I have to take it in for the new GPS map one of these days. I hope it is improved. The existing map is woefully out of date and missing many roads.

Other than the expressway, I normally keep my speed around 100 KPH. The computer does show that at around 125 KPH, economy suffers.

The KPL computer is not very accurate. It always shows at least a KPL less than actual fill ups. It read 14.1 KPL when the fill up got 15.35. I guess it is not a big deal. At first I thought maybe they were not topping up the tank all the way but tank to tank has been consistent. I will ask the dealer if the computer is adjustable. I have to take it in for the new GPS map one of these days. I hope it is improved. The existing map is woefully out of date and missing many roads.

Other than the expressway, I normally keep my speed around 100 KPH. The computer does show that at around 125 KPH, economy suffers.

Mine was the other way...indicated km/l always more than actual

Stick your records on fuelly.com ...you can see mine there...same 'handle' .....

My 'speedo' was 7% fast compared with gps ...that's both incar and my garmin.

• 1 month later...

My low class Ford 2.2 L (new) gets 16.5 KM/Lon the highway. I can't really check anything else because I live in the boonies and have a lot of super slow driving.

Hey ... that sounds good. But at what sort of speed.

A while back I did some steady driving at basically a constant speed of 80 kms/hr and got six and a bit l/100kms indicated. 3.2 EV

As someone else said Isuzu 3L is quite economical when new...mine was anyway...but I think fuel consumption got worse after 30000kms or so ... I was surprised

90 kph.

My low class Ford 2.2 L (new) gets 16.5 KM/Lon the highway. I can't really check anything else because I live in the boonies and have a lot of super slow driving.

Hey ... that sounds good. But at what sort of speed.

A while back I did some steady driving at basically a constant speed of 80 kms/hr and got six and a bit l/100kms indicated. 3.2 EV

As someone else said Isuzu 3L is quite economical when new...mine was anyway...but I think fuel consumption got worse after 30000kms or so ... I was surprised

90 kph.

Hopefully, not in the passing lane...facepalm.gif