Not sure if I will have a problem with my WP

My school is currently looking to get my WP renewed but in September I will need to do a land crossing into Savannakhet. I was wondering if I leave Thailand to apply for a new Visa would this bugger up my WP? I had hassle about 5 yrs ago when I tried to leave to Laos through Nong Khai as my WP was still valid and I did not have a letter of termination. I am not planning to terminate my contract with the school but just get another 1 year visa. I hope someone can shed some light on this and hopefully Ubonjoe will know the answer. Cheers!!

What type of one year visa are you planning to get from Savannakhet ?

Multi-entry Marriage visa.

If you currently have a multi entry "O" visa based on marriage I do not believe you will have a problem at the border unless you make the mistake of showing the IO's your work permit which is not necessary or required.

• Like 1

Ok cool. I was just worried after the last time I had to cross into Laos but at that time I was on a Non-B, but at this moment in time it is a non-o. I will play dumb and not mention anything about being employed. Thanks again guys!!

Does a work permit has when applied for a ban on dependents the first year??

As with retirement until (1 year) one applies for extension of stay and dependents are allowed 'on'

Do we need re-entry permits on a workpermit and /or extension of stay based on work permit (non B)

I am a newbee in this field so all relevant info welcome

As with retirement until (1 year) one applies for extension of stay and dependents are allowed 'on'

Do we need re-entry permits on a workpermit and /or extension of stay based on work permit (non cool.png

Sorry, you may be new but your post makes no sense.

Do we need re-entry permits on a workpermit and /or extension of stay based on work permit (non cool.png

A work permit does not have anything to do with dependents getting an extension or a visa.

Only an extension of stay based upon working allows your dependents to get an extension. As soon as you get your extension your dependents can an extension if they a have a 90 day non-o visa entry.

Al extensions of stay require re-entry permits to keep them valid when out of the country.