Gen Prawit hopes Ms Yingluck gave factual information to European Parliament

webfact

However, he said he hoped the information given to the visiting European Parliament representatives by the ex-premier would be factual and was not distorted

corrected

However, he said he hoped the information given to the visiting European Parliament representatives by the ex-premier would be factual 'on message' and was not distorted

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right. Since when are facts and politicians together? The most BS comes from politicians! World over.

And just why would anyone believe her account of what democracy is or that she would not be impartial to what she tells them. Her track record of bold faced lies and of hiding true accounts as well as using the word democracy only when it suits her needs should have been enough to keep the UE for from talking to her

Was she elected by the people? Yes.

Could the people vote her out of power at the next election?

Yes.

She knows a darn site more about democracy than you and the junta.

Why do you think the European Parliament asked to speak to her and not the junta.

Of course Ms. Yingluck knows more about democracy. After all she's the clone of our criminal fugitve who knows as no one else how to misused, abuse and corrupt the system. The phrase "Let's have an election" is a prime example of propaganda and public relations. Aimed at all with a Western Democracy background. Masterful. The military don't know democracy unless it was shooting at them. For them it's a matter of (temporarily) putting it aside.

Of course the "don't have to vote for them again if not satisfied' is also nice and democratic. For one it suggests the punishment for four years corruption is the severe 'not voted for again'. Also interesting lots of Thai like to vote for corrupt politicians again and again. That's as if no one looks further than the 'in six months rich'. BTW how long did it take the Italians to get rid of Silvio B.?

I wonder if Ms. Yingluck reminded the EP commission on Foreign Affairs that democracy in Thailand died not with the coup but the very day she was impeached and asked to show the accountability which goes with her frequent "I'm in charge, I picked my own cabinet using my own criteria, My government takes care of corruption and is good at responsibilities".

"After all she's the clone of our criminal fugitve..."

There, you got to say criminal fugitive yet again, though after using that term about a couple of thousand times you should know by now how to spell it right. Did it make your day?

"...who knows as no one else how to misused, abuse and corrupt the system"

Are you implying that there are others that misuse, abuse and corrupt the system?? Well I never!! And here I was thinking original sin, corruption and abuse started with the bogeyman in Dubai!

"The phrase "Let's have an election" is a prime example of propaganda and public relations. Aimed at all with a Western Democracy background. "

Actually, it's aimed at Thai voters - you remember those guys who do have a vote when graciously allowed so by the elite?

" The military don't know democracy unless it was shooting at them."

There's a lot of stuff the military don't know about if it shot at them - they do, after all, so clearly demonstrate that on a daily basis. One of those things is how to run a country.

"For them it's a matter of (temporarily) putting it aside."

Temporarily?? Two years and counting and just yesterday there were hints from Prawit that the elections might not take place next year after all, What a shocker, right?? Temporary, 555555!

"Of course the "don't have to vote for them again if not satisfied' is also nice and democratic. For one it suggests the punishment for four years corruption is the severe 'not voted for again'. Also interesting lots of Thai like to vote for corrupt politicians again and again. That's as if no one looks further than the 'in six months rich'. BTW how long did it take the Italians to get rid of Silvio B.?"

Interesting that you should bring up S. Berlusconi. Are you suggesting the Italian military should have overthrown the elected Italian government and formed a junta. Would that have been better?

And just why would anyone believe her account of what democracy is or that she would not be impartial to what she tells them. Her track record of bold faced lies and of hiding true accounts as well as using the word democracy only when it suits her needs should have been enough to keep the UE for from talking to her

Yes.

Why do you think the European Parliament asked to speak to her and not the junta.

Of course Ms. Yingluck knows more about democracy. After all she's the clone of our criminal fugitve who knows as no one else how to misused, abuse and corrupt the system. The phrase "Let's have an election" is a prime example of propaganda and public relations. Aimed at all with a Western Democracy background. Masterful. The military don't know democracy unless it was shooting at them. For them it's a matter of (temporarily) putting it aside.

Of course the "don't have to vote for them again if not satisfied' is also nice and democratic. For one it suggests the punishment for four years corruption is the severe 'not voted for again'. Also interesting lots of Thai like to vote for corrupt politicians again and again. That's as if no one looks further than the 'in six months rich'. BTW how long did it take the Italians to get rid of Silvio B.?

I wonder if Ms. Yingluck reminded the EP commission on Foreign Affairs that democracy in Thailand died not with the coup but the very day she was impeached and asked to show the accountability which goes with her frequent "I'm in charge, I picked my own cabinet using my own criteria, My government takes care of corruption and is good at responsibilities".

There, you got to say criminal fugitive yet again, though after using that term about a couple of thousand times you should know by now how to spell it right. Did it make your day?

Are you implying that there are others that misuse, abuse and corrupt the system?? Well I never!! And here I was thinking original sin, corruption and abuse started with the bogeyman in Dubai!

"The phrase "Let's have an election" is a prime example of propaganda and public relations. Aimed at all with a Western Democracy background. "

Actually, it's aimed at Thai voters - you remember those guys who do have a vote when graciously allowed so by the elite?

There's a lot of stuff the military don't know about if it shot at them - they do, after all, so clearly demonstrate that on a daily basis. One of those things is how to run a country.

Temporarily?? Two years and counting and just yesterday there were hints from Prawit that the elections might not take place next year after all, What a shocker, right?? Temporary, 555555!

"Of course the "don't have to vote for them again if not satisfied' is also nice and democratic. For one it suggests the punishment for four years corruption is the severe 'not voted for again'. Also interesting lots of Thai like to vote for corrupt politicians again and again. That's as if no one looks further than the 'in six months rich'. BTW how long did it take the Italians to get rid of Silvio B.?"

Interesting that you should bring up S. Berlusconi. Are you suggesting the Italian military should have overthrown the elected Italian government and formed a junta. Would that have been better?

Nice post MZurf, especially starting with such wonderful remark on a type. Bravo.

Now of course you ignore all about how much Ms. Yingluck 'knows' about manipulating democracy upto the part where she writes on her facebook page that democracy died on the day she was impeached and asked to show the accountability which goes with 'in charge' and 'responsibility'.

Still wonder if she reminded the EP commission of Foreign Affairs about that. Surely the commission would be mightily appalled by the very idea that in a democracy politicians are deemed accountable for their actions or inactions. That would be the end of Western Civilisation as some want to (mis)use it.

Right. Since when are facts and politicians together? The most BS comes from politicians! World over.

Because they are smarter than you.

Yes.

Of course Ms. Yingluck knows more about democracy.

At least you acknowledge it.

Yes.

Nice post MZurf, especially starting with such wonderful remark on a type. Bravo.

Now of course you ignore all about how much Ms. Yingluck 'knows' about manipulating democracy upto the part where she writes on her facebook page that democracy died on the day she was impeached and asked to show the accountability which goes with 'in charge' and 'responsibility'.

Still wonder if she reminded the EP commission of Foreign Affairs about that. Surely the commission would be mightily appalled by the very idea that in a democracy politicians are deemed accountable for their actions or inactions. That would be the end of Western Civilisation as some want to (mis)use it.

"Nice post MZurf, especially starting with such wonderful remark on a type. Bravo."

Thank you.

"Now of course you ignore all about how much Ms. Yingluck 'knows' about manipulating democracy upto the part where she writes on her facebook page that democracy died on the day she was impeached and asked to show the accountability which goes with 'in charge' and 'responsibility'."

YL and her government have, I'm sure, a lot to answer for. But they (nor any other politician on the planet) shouldn't have to answer to a junta, a junta that gave themselves the mother of all amnesties. What they should have to answer to is the electorate, and when voted out of office then that process should start. I mean, with a 99.3 % approval rating how hard can it be to win an election? Even the less than stellar performers in the junta should be able to do that.

Still waiting for your answer to the following question:

Yes.

and of course it was only by accident that the rest providing context disappeared. After all that would be against forum rule #16

"Of course Ms. Yingluck knows more about democracy. After all she's the clone of our criminal fugitve who knows as no one else how to misused, abuse and corrupt the system. The phrase "Let's have an election" is a prime example of propaganda and public relations. Aimed at all with a Western Democracy background. Masterful. The military don't know democracy unless it was shooting at them. For them it's a matter of (temporarily) putting it aside."

Edited by rubl

"Nice post MZurf, especially starting with such wonderful remark on a type. Bravo."

Thank you.

"Now of course you ignore all about how much Ms. Yingluck 'knows' about manipulating democracy upto the part where she writes on her facebook page that democracy died on the day she was impeached and asked to show the accountability which goes with 'in charge' and 'responsibility'."

YL and her government have, I'm sure, a lot to answer for. But they (nor any other politician on the planet) shouldn't have to answer to a junta, a junta that gave themselves the mother of all amnesties. What they should have to answer to is the electorate, and when voted out of office then that process should start. I mean, with a 99.3 % approval rating how hard can it be to win an election? Even the less than stellar performers in the junta should be able to do that.

With a functioning democracy and with legal and moral support of the EC and EP the Italians struggled on democratically and took 10 years.

As I wrote some just know how to misuse and abuse the inherent weaknesses of a democratic system. A systems which works best when people know about their rights and their duties.

BTW I don't think Silvio B. was so brash as to state on facebook that Italian democracy died the day he was asked to be accountable.

Thank you.

With a functioning democracy and with legal and moral support of the EC and EP the Italians struggled on democratically and took 10 years.

As I wrote some just know how to misuse and abuse the inherent weaknesses of a democratic system. A systems which works best when people know about their rights and their duties.

BTW I don't think Silvio B. was so brash as to state on facebook that Italian democracy died the day he was asked to be accountable.

"With a functioning democracy and with legal and moral support of the EC and EP the Italians struggled on democratically and took 10 years."

I take that as a no then. And just because it will probably take longer in Thailand is that a reason for giving up all together (i.e. military rule)?

"As I wrote some just know how to misuse and abuse the inherent weaknesses of a democratic system. A systems which works best when people know about their rights and their duties."

So you prefer a junta to an imperfect democracy. Fair enough.

"BTW I don't think Silvio B. was so brash as to state on facebook that Italian democracy died the day he was asked to be accountable."

Did she really claim that? The effrontery!!! I hope she is charged for that as well.

Edited by MZurf

Thank you.

"With a functioning democracy and with legal and moral support of the EC and EP the Italians struggled on democratically and took 10 years."

I take that as a no then. And just because it will probably take longer in Thailand is that a reason for giving up all together (i.e. military rule)?

"As I wrote some just know how to misuse and abuse the inherent weaknesses of a democratic system. A systems which works best when people know about their rights and their duties."

"BTW I don't think Silvio B. was so brash as to state on facebook that Italian democracy died the day he was asked to be accountable."

Did she really claim that? The effrontery!!! I hope she is charged for that as well.

I didn't say I prefer a junta, read again. It's just that I do not automatically condemn a coup because coups are not in-vogue at the moment.

BTW, yes she claimed that as you could have known if only you read posts before commenting. To be sure though

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/yingluck-shinawatra-new-symbol-of-political-domination-by-royalist-elites-0

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2015/01/thailand-yingluck-shinawatra-decries-death-democracy-150123103902238.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30928835

Edited by rubl

Thank you.

I didn't say I prefer a junta, read again. It's just that I do not automatically condemn a coup because coups are not in-vogue at the moment.

BTW, yes she claimed that as you could have known if only you read posts before commenting. To be sure though

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/yingluck-shinawatra-new-symbol-of-political-domination-by-royalist-elites-0

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2015/01/thailand-yingluck-shinawatra-decries-death-democracy-150123103902238.html

"I didn't say I prefer a junta, read again. It's just that I do not automatically condemn a coup because coups are not in-vogue at the moment."

You mean they have at some point in history been "in vogue"??? When was that?

"BTW, yes she claimed that as you could have known if only you read posts before commenting. To be sure though"

I was being ironic. Thought that was obvious but apparently not.

"I didn't say I prefer a junta, read again. It's just that I do not automatically condemn a coup because coups are not in-vogue at the moment."

"BTW, yes she claimed that as you could have known if only you read posts before commenting. To be sure though"

The irony of it, democracy died when Ms. Yingluck was asked to show accountability and a commission from the EP comes to ask her to explain democracy to them.

Anyway almost as sad as the early 70sh when coups were in vogue. Still remember 9/11, in 1973 that is.

Edited by rubl

Thank you.

I don't think child molesting is much in vogue at present.Does it follow you are not inclined to condemn it?

Yes.

and of course it was only by accident that the rest providing context disappeared. After all that would be against forum rule #16

"Of course Ms. Yingluck knows more about democracy. After all she's the clone of our criminal fugitve who knows as no one else how to misused, abuse and corrupt the system. The phrase "Let's have an election" is a prime example of propaganda and public relations. Aimed at all with a Western Democracy background. Masterful. The military don't know democracy unless it was shooting at them. For them it's a matter of (temporarily) putting it aside."

There was nothing in the rest of your post directly contradicting your agreement that Yingluck knows more about democracy than you and the junta so it was unneeded and superfluous.

We agree on something finally, so I don't understand why you want to continue the argument when there isn't one. You might want to check on forum rules regarding trolling before you start quoting rules at others.

However, he said he hoped the information given to the visiting European Parliament representatives by the ex-premier would be factual and was not distorted.

​This is the same women that still think not attending one rice meeting as the chairman of the rice committee is not negligence. Of course she will twist it. She know doubt will read word for word from her Mongolia speech.

However, he said he hoped the information given to the visiting European Parliament representatives by the ex-premier would be factual and was not distorted.

​This is the same women that still think not attending one rice meeting as the chairman of the rice committee is not negligence. Of course she will twist it. She know doubt will read word for word from her Mongolia speech.

G'day djjamie, how are ya mate?thumbsup.gif

question for ya brother, Why do ya think the EP wanted to see Yingy n not ya mate uncle TOO?

I'll give ya three guesses,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,No'p wrong! OK that's it, I'll tell ya.

Could it be that the EP prefers to talk with Yingluk because she was democratically elected by the people? and not the self imposed junta? and therefor she has the mandate of the people?

You guy's go on and on about an amnesty that did not pass and cry foul, but when the junta gives himself and his mates the highest amnesty of all time for past present and future crimes under the previous constitution your all quiet, some people would call that being hypocritical don't ya think?

Not only did ya back the wrong footy team mate but ya backed the wrong people to run the country and now look what's going on,

"Thailand never violates human rights" Ya right.whistling.gif

The irony of it, democracy died when Ms. Yingluck was asked to show accountability and a commission from the EP comes to ask her to explain democracy to them.

Anyway almost as sad as the early 70sh when coups were in vogue. Still remember 9/11, in 1973 that is.

Thailand has had 19 coup and coup attempts since 1932, which gives an average of 4.3 years between each occurrence so please stop claiming that coups are not longer in vogue in Thailand because that's plainly wrong.
And why do you mention the coup in Chile in 1973? What significance does that have??
And since I've posted a list of all coups and attempts in Thailand in modern times I would like to take the opportunity to yet again ask one of the junta supporters the following question:
After all the coups you see listed below which changed nothing but the snouts in the trough (correct me if I'm wrong) what makes you think this time will be different?

post-73753-0-90285500-1463801204_thumb.j

Strangely the UN seems to be more enclined to speak to an elected pm than your dear Leader.

And we may add :

John Fisher, Geneva director of Human Rights Watch said The Thai governments responses to the UN review fail to show any real commitment to reversing its abusive rights practices or protecting fundamental freedoms

Good to see our European taxes are put to good use sending representatives over at great cost to talk to Yingluck who has nothing to do with Europe and is a long way from Europe.

I wonder why the EU representatives responsible for all things related to Thailand don't simply sign up for ThaiVisa? Reading through these pages they'd probably find out more about the LoS than by listening to utterings of our PM & Mrs Amornchat.

Strangely the UN seems to be more enclined to speak to an elected pm than your dear Leader.

And we may add :

John Fisher, Geneva director of Human Rights Watch said The Thai governments responses to the UN review fail to show any real commitment to reversing its abusive rights practices or protecting fundamental freedoms

Strangely the EP commission on Foreign Affairs has no relation to the UN.

As for the UN and Human Rights it's interesting is that where the HRW site is aggressive Reuters gave a more balanced view

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-un-rights-idUSKCN0Y2095

BTW in 2011 with the first review the Thai government acknowledged 136 out of 172 'recommendations'. It would seem no one is able to tell us what happened since. We only know that this time the UN commission had near 70 issues.

Thailand has had 19 coup and coup attempts since 1932, which gives an average of 4.3 years between each occurrence so please stop claiming that coups are not longer in vogue in Thailand because that's plainly wrong.
And why do you mention the coup in Chile in 1973? What significance does that have??
And since I've posted a list of all coups and attempts in Thailand in modern times I would like to take the opportunity to yet again ask one of the junta supporters the following question:
After all the coups you see listed below which changed nothing but the snouts in the trough (correct me if I'm wrong) what makes you think this time will be different?

Well, I can only hope Ms. Yingluck was clear and honest and didn't sidetrack on the issues. Still wonder if she mentioned that democracy died here the day she was impeached and asked to show accountability with all her talks on "being in charge' and 'being responsible'.

Mind you, in parliament she didn't answer questions asked but went into statements on how good her RPPS was and how much it had helped all (rice) farmers. Staying on topic seems difficult to some.

PS isn't is democratic that the Thai government allowed the EP commission on Foreign Affairs entry in the Kingdom and access to Ms. Yingluck?

Edited by rubl

I don't think child molesting is much in vogue at present.Does it follow you are not inclined to condemn it?

Logic seems not in vogue either and you follow the 'dumbing down' trend?

There was nothing in the rest of your post directly contradicting your agreement that Yingluck knows more about democracy than you and the junta so it was unneeded and superfluous.

We agree on something finally, so I don't understand why you want to continue the argument when there isn't one. You might want to check on forum rules regarding trolling before you start quoting rules at others.

Context, my dear Baboon, you altered the context. And now you even write you did so on purpose.

"16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post."

You removed all parts you didn't like as for instance the parts where I explain why I said such.

Edited by rubl

Well, I can only hope Ms. Yingluck was clear and honest and didn't sidetrack on the issues. Still wonder if she mentioned that democracy died here the day she was impeached and asked to show accountability with all her talks on "being in charge' and 'being responsible'.

Mind you, in parliament she didn't answer questions asked but went into statements on how good her RPPS was and how much it had helped all (rice) farmers. Staying on topic seems difficult to some.

PS isn't is democratic that the Thai government allowed the EP commission on Foreign Affairs entry in the Kingdom and access to Ms. Yingluck?

"PS isn't is democratic that the Thai government allowed the EP commission on Foreign Affairs entry in the Kingdom and access to Ms. Yingluck?"

Uh, no. It's being realistic enough to understand that barring the EP commission from meeting YL would be detrimental to the relationship Thailand has with the EU. I would have thought that was obvious.

And we may add :

Strangely the EP commission on Foreign Affairs has no relation to the UN.

As for the UN and Human Rights it's interesting is that where the HRW site is aggressive Reuters gave a more balanced view

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-un-rights-idUSKCN0Y2095

BTW in 2011 with the first review the Thai government acknowledged 136 out of 172 'recommendations'. It would seem no one is able to tell us what happened since. We only know that this time the UN commission had near 70 issues.

There is no easy way to know whether the balanced view was that provided by HRW or by Reuters. I would not assume Reuters was more balanced unless I had access to primary sources, or personal knowledge.

(As an aside, this question of "balance" is a serious issue in the conduct of corporate style media. There is a tendency for these organizations to create a false balance, as if this is necessary for ethical journalism. It is not. Rather, "true and accurate" are the requirements.)

The previous review cycle is officially documented online. Study of those documents would reveal "what happened".

My guess, given the overwhelming circumstantial evidence regarding human rights practices in Thailand, is that there have been several very significant issues that have not changed much over time from cycle 1 to cycle 2: Trafficking, slave labor, infringement of citizen rights, overlaid with recent actions of the Junta.

Also, to correct a misperception, it is not the UN raising the issues, it is the member nations raising them directly through a facilitated process.

Edited by phoenixdoglover

Her credibility comes from the fact that she was elected. This means she is taken seriously by the international community.

Prawit on the other hand has all the credibility and charm of a dose of the pox, so it's hardly surprising that nobody with a discernible IQ wants to bother with him.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

Her credibility comes from the fact that she was elected. This means she is taken seriously by the international community.

Prawit on the other hand has all the credibility and charm of a dose of the pox, so it's hardly surprising that nobody with a discernible IQ wants to bother with him.

Winnie

It seems to me that the aim of this meeting was more symbolic than just collecting information. In order to get an overview of the state of democracy in Thailand, it's enough to read the Nation and the BP. The main facts are there already. Edited by candide