Phuket crisis negotiators stop suicidal woman from jumping off clifftop

rooster59

Phuket crisis negotiators stop suicidal woman from jumping off clifftop

Kongleaphy Keam

post-247607-0-19589500-1463869002_thumb.

A staffer from Rawai municipality watches over a distressed woman at Promthep Cape after she was persuaded not to jump from the clifftop. Photo: Rawai Municipality

PHUKET: Crisis negotiators last night talked down a woman threatening to commit suicide by jumping from the top of Promthep Cape.
Rawai Mayor Aroon Solos and municipality staff learned of the impending suicide attempt when the distraught woman posted her plans on Facebook while commemorating Visakha Bucha Day.
The Facebook post by Noo Noi Nang Fa (Little Angel), written in Thai and accompanied by a selfie of the woman wearing a black dress, translates as: “At midnight, I will not stay in this world anymore. This is the last dress I will wear. Today is Visakha Bucha. Everyone else is celebrating, but I will commit suicide. For those who know me, you can come to my funeral. It will be a page-one story across Phuket if someone finds my body, which will not be a pretty sight. For that, I am sorry. I know that what I am about to do is a sin. Goodbye world”.
When Mr Aroon saw the post for himself, he immediately dispatched staff to the scene. They arrived just before midnight and waited for the woman to show up.
pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-05-22

Disgusting, as if this lady wasn't distressed enough it's used for the mandatory finger pointing photo op.

Don't think he is pointing, more like a hand of friendship.

and so concerned his full attention is on the photographer.

Disgusting, as if this lady wasn't distressed enough it's used for the mandatory finger pointing photo op.

Don't think he is pointing, more like a hand of friendship.

Is this a serious comment ?

I've seen many Thais with their hands out andIi wouldn't say friendship was ever the reason for it.

I may be cynical, but the fact that she posted on facebook before - and apparently keeps texting after - makes me suspect she was not really keen on it.

Mr. 21 seems to think the same.

If I was going to top myself I am sure I would just do it not tell the world about it. Maybe wanted the sympathy vote .

I may be cynical, but the fact that she posted on facebook before - and apparently keeps texting after - makes me suspect she was not really keen on it.

Mr. 21 seems to think the same.

If I was going to top myself I am sure I would just do it not tell the world about it. Maybe wanted the sympathy vote .

Maybe she got many "likes" and that's what almost pushed her over the edge ?