Leicester City FC takes time out in Phuket

rooster59

Leicester City FC takes time out in Phuket

Kongleaphy Keam

post-247607-0-26717000-1463869763_thumb.
Airport Director Monrudee Gettuphan (2nd left) greets Leicester City goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel. Photo: PR Phuket

PHUKET: More than 70 players and staff from the English Premier League’s Leicester City Football Club touched down at Phuket Airport yesterday for a three-day stopover before traveling to Myanmar on Sunday.

The team arrived in Phuket on an AirAsia flight from Bangkok’s Don Muang Airport at about 1.35pm and were given a warm welcome by Airport Director Monrudee Gettuphan and a contingent of officials including Santi Pawai, director of the Ministry of Tourism and Sport (MOTS) Phuket Office.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Leicester-City-FC-takes-time-in-Phuket/63932?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-05-22

Thais have suddenly discovered they're ' lifelong ' LC fans and I'm disappointed the club hasn't yet been described as a Thai team. Maybe they have and I've just not seen it.

Thainess at it's best to grab any excuse to jump on a success bandwagon. I'm trying to think any other foreign owned team that has been paraded through the capital city of the owners' home country, teams visit yes but no parades. For example has Chelsea ever had a bus top parade in Moscow ?

Now all LCFC has to do to keep their legions of new adoring fans is to maintain the Thai connection and continue to be successful otherwise the fans will re-discover they are actually lifelong fans of the latest top team

So some thai soccer team goes to phuket and all the the hiso and Self important people want a selfie. Who did they beat. Nokan Sawan?

^^ Really :-)
Don't know that's why I asked. I have never heard of them.

Why parade your ignorance for all to see?

So some thai soccer team goes to phuket and all the the hiso and Self important people want a selfie. Who did they beat. Nokan Sawan?

Look and learn

Why parade your ignorance for all to see?

My apologies, I'm not British and if not being British makes a person ignorant then so be it. I was only asking a question. Anyway I Google it and noticed the won the grand final in England. We don't get English sports on T.V and soccer is only a minor game in Australia and doesn't get any mainstream television coverage only on a small foreign language station that nobody watches. Our main sports that get television coverage are football,rugby, cricket, golf, tennis and motor sports. Again my apologies, I was only attempting to join a conversation that is why I asked a question, no offence was intended