Working In Own Business

hi everyone. I have a farm on my thai wife´s name, can I work in it without a work permit?, and in the case of a restaurant?. Another question, i get about 20000B a month, can I subtract this amount from the 400000B in order to get a one year visa. I have read a lot of people asking about the famous 200 or 400, and I wonder nobody thinks to work?, everyone asks how to transfer money but i do not read about working and then transfer less money, do I miss something?. thank you guys.

You haven't got a farm miq ... your wife has one. Farming is a prohibited occupation for a alien, so be careful. If you have an O non-immigrant visa and a bank account with 200,000 baht in it, or a combination income / banking amounting to greater than that sum, you can apply for a one year extension. From July 09 the amount increases to 400,000, so do it now.

You haven't got a farm miq ... your wife has one. Farming is a prohibited occupation for a alien, so be careful. If you have an O non-immigrant visa and a bank account with 200,000 baht in it, or a combination income / banking amounting to greater than that sum, you can apply for a one year extension. From July 09 the amount increases to 400,000, so do it now.

thank you pat pong. so a farang can not work in her wife´s business?, no matter whatever it is. isn´t it?.

Mig, not true the way you put it.

There are jobs prohibited to foreigners. Have a look in here:

http://thaivisa.com/581.0.html and look for prohibited work

As Dr. said, you have no farm. If your wife opens another business, it is your wife's company, registered under Thai laws. Under various circumstances she than could hire you as a qualified foreigner.