Second Time Around

My Fiancee has today apllied for a VV to england and she was very impressed with the new service, just like a bank she said. she should know having worked for several of the top banks in BKK. Last time she applied at the British Embassy she was treated like something you would wipe off your shoe.

She has been told to call VFS in 2 days while they check all the documents. Is it possible she could get the VV so soon without an interview? Bear in mind that she was refused before for lack of evidence to support her, however we have everything in order this time.

Cheers.

Hard to say. If your documents are totally in order and you've addressed all the problems brought up on her last refusal notice (if they are still relevant) then there is no reason why she shouldn't get the visa without interview in just a few days . They really are speeding things up nowadays. Certainly the fact of a previous refusal does not mean she won't get this one without interview. However if there are any doubts she is more likely to be called to interview as she has got a refusal against her name than someone who hasn't.

So like i say , hard to call. Sounds like you should be ok.

Most people seem to post positive comments about the VFS but do remember they are just checkers and collectors. It the same people who treated her "....like something you would wipe of your shoe" who will make the decision. So whilst somethings have changed, behind the scenes its the same crowd pulling the strings.

My girlfriend applied some weeks back and she has visited the uk before, however this was with her father and not to visit me, it did take about a week for them to process her paper work and we suppied everything we possibly could thinking she would be fine. she has to attend an interview on the 16th of november so we are rather nervous!

she found the application center realy friendly and easy to deal with but as atlastaname said its the same old folk behind the scenes pulling the strings!

do you mind me asking witch part of her last application they did not like?

thanks

mark

As already stated, if everything is in order, and the reasons for the previous refusal have been adequately dealt with, then it is perfectly possible that her visa will be issued on the paperwork alone. She should know either way within a few days.

Last time she applied at the British Embassy she was treated like something you would wipe off your shoe.
If this is true, and I have no reason to doubt your word, did she or you make an official complaint at the time? If so, may I ask what the result was? If you didn't, I'd be equally interested in knowing why not?

It is true that time constraints and pressure (40,000+ applications per year) mean that often the ECOs appear curt and impersonal and that this can be mistaken for rudeness. However, this is not an excuse for real rudeness, which is unacceptable.

We didn't make any complaint because you can't appeal against being refused a VV.

She was refused last time for an number reasons but the most ridiculous one was " bank statements show no uk transactions" DOH!

i guess its too much of a hassle for them to look at the stamps in my passport which proved i was in thailand on a double entry visa for the last 5 months.

We didn't make any complaint because you can't appeal against being refused a VV.
I know, which is why I didn't ask if you appealed.

I did ask if you complained about her being "treated like something you would wipe off your shoe."

Did you?

And what were the other, and more pertinent, reasons for the refusal?

Edited by GU22

Duality , we all respect your right not to go into the last application. However i do think that GU22 was only trying to help you by saying that if you really felt she was badly treated then you should have complained , and if you did what was the result . You say you didn't complain so if they were really rude to her then they have got away with it .

Its very important that people do complain IF the BE staff were rude . Otherwise it won't change will it ?

Its very important that people do complain IF the BE staff were rude . Otherwise it won't change will it ?
Exactly the point I was trying to make! Thank you :o

One often sees posts on this and other forums by people claiming to be incensed by the way they or their partner were treated. Yet very few people actually ever make an official complaint.

I do not believe that rudeness by one, some or any of the visa section is common. It can happen, we're talking about people here, but I believe it to be rare. Neither do I believe that every applicant is treated with the utmost respect and courtesy. I suspect that the truth lies somewhere in between.

Duality, with regards to her previous refusal. All applications which do not have the right of appeal are reviewed within 24 hours by the ECM. If the best reason the ECO could come up with for the refusal was the nonsense you have quoted, then the refusal would have been reversed. I cannot understand why you would wish people to believe that she was refused for such a ridiculous reason.

However, if you do not wish to disclose the real reasons for the refusal, that is your choice.

The last time i made an official complaint about a government employee i was warned that i would be charged with slander if i took it any further. So forgive me if i seem a wee bit cranky. i know you are trying to help one way or another by raising these questions on the visa paradox.

:o