Vintage Bike Show Kanchanaburi

MAZ3

The Annual Vintage Show at Srinakarin Dam will be on the 19th of November,last Year entrance was 200B.

There's music,food,beer,some stalls selling parts(I bought my Union Flag helmet there,fiberglass and TIS)and many different bikes there(including Italian scooters)and old trucks etc.

Wonderful atmosphere

post-99099-14640195271678_thumb.jpg

post-99099-14640196354131_thumb.jpg

post-99099-14640196683536_thumb.jpg

Basically just turn up,even without any tax or reg etc.

There's a special exemption from the BIB for this event and very easy to find,its signposted. But just head straight out of Kanchanaburi,over the railway crossing near the Bridge on the 323. Towards Srisawat and the Erawan Waterfall or just follow all the bikes.

If you have a classic and want to join in for a day, how to do?

As above,there's lots of resorts and camping in the area.

Very friendly there,my clutch went on my T100c and some lads lifted it onto the FIL's truck.

I rode with another farang and 2 Thai guys,they were on BSA's(A M20 & 2 A7's)from Kanchanaburi.

Edited by MAZ3

Just a quick Q for those that have been/have info. Is it right by the dam or nearby? Anyone got a google maps location? Also is it open to folk who just wanna turn up on a non-classic bike and join in the fun?

Sounds like a crack and be a nice jog as the roads up there are gorgous to ride. Also, maybe Im dreaming, but were there any old classic Kwakkers Z900 and Z1000's 70s' to 82' last year? Love to get my hands on one but Ive never seen one in Thailand in 13 years ....one for restoration would be lovely and would give me an excuse to use the spare bedroom as a workshop.

Cheers for any more info given.

Just a quick Q for those that have been/have info. Is it right by the dam or nearby? Anyone got a google maps location? Also is it open to folk who just wanna turn up on a non-classic bike and join in the fun?

Sounds like a crack and be a nice jog as the roads up there are gorgous to ride. Also, maybe Im dreaming, but were there any old classic Kwakkers Z900 and Z1000's 70s' to 82' last year? Love to get my hands on one but Ive never seen one in Thailand in 13 years ....one for restoration would be lovely and would give me an excuse to use the spare bedroom as a workshop.

Cheers for any more info given.

See above

Should be here...

Unnamed Rd

https://goo.gl/maps/CDdf5kRSgtL2

You can go with any bike, no problem.

I don't remember seeing any Z there...

Edit: looking at the map again, I'm not sure anymore. Maybe a bit further up the road. In any case, you can't miss it.

Looks about right to me(I live in Kanchanaburi),but without going up there to check.

But as Omega says,you really can't miss it.

THAT is a 900cc Z1. Looks pretty original, most have long lost the pipes, and run a 4:1 system. THAT is worth serious wedge in any country. Always liked the Z1 and the early Z1000. Proper motorcycles.

THAT is a 900cc Z1. Looks pretty original, most have long lost the pipes, and run a 4:1 system. THAT is worth serious wedge in any country. Always liked the Z1 and the early Z1000. Proper motorcycles.

Me too. Had a (crazy) mate who went from a FS1e to one of them, many moons ago

Seen to new Z1000RS pictures bouncing around the interweb????? Hope it goes into production.

Yep very nice 99% right except for the seat cover and a steering damper added and me thinks the handlebars too. Its a Z1B mid 74' on. Yes serious wedge if its in this condition and a good runner .... a million baht or more in the Uk Ive seen em for.

Yep very nice 99% right except for the seat cover and a steering damper added and me thinks the handlebars too. Its a Z1B mid 74' on. Yes serious wedge if its in this condition and a good runner .... a million baht or more in the Uk Ive seen em for.
I think it's for sale,it came up on a post on one of my Facebook pages. And with a Green book!,if you want I can past on the page etc. Edited by MAZ3

Me too. Had a (crazy) mate who went from a FS1e to one of them, many moons ago

Seen to new Z1000RS pictures bouncing around the interweb????? Hope it goes into production.

Sounds familiar,I went from a Fizzy to a T140v export model.

Everyone thought I was crazy as well,missed out on all the 250's.

• 4 months later...
On 5/24/2016 at 9:55 PM, MAZ3 said:

Not sure what year and doesn't need restoring,but its out there

1464090916002.jpg

Reminds me of my old Z.  The seat on the one in the pix looks like it's been restuffed.....if that's the correct term for the foam inside a seat!

On 10/11/2016 at 10:09 PM, KhruGin said:

Anyone here on TV going next month? I'm actually thinking of braving it with the music reported and camping the night with another guava mate. See you there, spot the guava time.

I will go, but with the current situation, I'm not sure they will do it. Need to find out...

EDIT: Just checked their FB page and there aren't any updates yet. Let's hope for the best.

Edited by OmegaRacer

52 minutes ago, OmegaRacer said:

I will go, but with the current situation, I'm not sure they will do it. Need to find out...

EDIT: Just checked their FB page and there aren't any updates yet. Let's hope for the best.

Yes and thank you for your comment. It may still go ahead as I am under the impression that the government has said "not for 30 days" and this would fall just past that being the following weekend 19th November.

Also Omega, do you have a link for their FB page, I can read Thai so I could look for myself too. Thx in advance.

From their FB page:

Announcement : Postpone The 11th Vintage Bike Thailand Festival 2016
With our deepest regret On 13th October 2016, The Great King Bhumibol Adulyadej has passed away at Siriraj Hospital peacefully. In order to express our heartfelt condolences and our respect, The Vintage Bike Thailand would like to postpone the event on 19th November, 2016. We will announce date and time in advance, once we have new schedule.
Please kindly be informed and Sorry for your inconveniences.
The Vintage Bike Thailand
ปล.กราบขอบพระคุณพี่โต้งและภรรยา Tiger Tong ด้วยครับที่ช่วยแปลและเรียบเรียงครับ

https://www.facebook.com/VintageBikeThailand-164938656918604/?fref=ts